Qlik Community

QlikView Management

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Management.

juan_escobar
Contributor

Licence Lease

Hi,

I'm trying to lease a licence from my productive server (where I usually do this with localhost) and now, when I open any qvw in this server I still have the "Personal Edition". What should I do? What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

Tags (1)
7 Replies
trappersw
Contributor

Re: Licence Lease

In your personal edition, go to Window/Start Page/Open in server.

Type in the adress-textfield:

qvp://DOMAIN/USER@SERVER

Click 'Open'.

You should be in the same domain as you server and the firewall of your servermachine has to accept your request.

Hope this helps!

juan_escobar
Contributor

I'm doing it like that... And also with the authentication: "Log on as domanin\username" and in the server: qvp://localhost

Juan

Have you already leased a Named CAL with your AD User on other machines ?

You can only have have active leases on 2 machines per AD User.

Best Regards,     Bill

flo
Contributor

can you post the file settings.ini placed at C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\QlikTech\QlikView

this can tell us more

juan_escobar
Contributor

Re: Re: Licence Lease

I have leased a Named CAL before, but I have actually 2 machines with a licences leased.

Also I attach the settings.ini

Not applicable

You're sure port 4747 is open?

I have had to reboot before when leasing a license. Not sure what the issue was but that resolved it.

flo
Contributor

Re: Re: Licence Lease

LeasedLicenseExpiry=2014-02-06 12:59:37, 2014-01-07 12:59:37

LeasedLicenseCheck=b72a3a56f435317f5b26afedc62f58efc87d9e48131cd04ef89693d34e3c75c6

LeasedLicenseServer=qvp://cobos170.gcn.local

DefaultLicenseLeaseServerURL=cobos170.gcn.local

According to this, you are still on a lease. I will suggest that you delete this part in the settings.ini file and try again to lease as the first time.

NOTE: if you had 2 machines with the same username with license leased and both are disconnected from the server, these machines will work. However if you are trying with a third one, this will not work. Limitations in the product, which hopefully will change soon.

Community Browser