cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fabian50
Contributor II
Contributor II

Licensing Qlik Sense and View

Good day, Please someone could help me with a couple of questions I have regarding the licensing of Qlik Sense and View. Where can I verify the validity of the licenses for both products? Is there a time limitation? Is it due to be paid annually? the previous year, additional tokens were acquired but I do not remember in what date and in the system I can not find any effective date (if it exists)

2 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Some Qlik products (like access to the Data Market, some Connectors, Sense Enterprise & Cloud and NPrinting) may be licensed on a rental basis (called "Subscription" by Qlik), but usually they're not.

The details of your license can be gleaned from the LEF (aka "License Enabler File"). In the licensing panel in the QMC, The LEF is the text block that starts with your serial number and ends with a digest (a calculated code that validates the unmodified text immediately above it). Between those two are a number of keyword lines. If there is a line that starts with something like TIMELIMIT; then your license will expire on the specified date.

The LEF doesn't keep any history. If you want to know exactly when your last increment was installed, contact either your IT department (for license update details), your own purchase department or your Qlik Account manager.

Best,

Peter

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi Fabian,

You can enter your license number in the Manual LEF Checker to generate the LEF Peter referenced in his above post. This will allow you to check the "Support to date" or "Maintenance date", which is appended to the PRODUCTLEVEL line, and is the date until which the license is supported for maintenance.

i.e. PRODUCTLEVEL;10;;2019-01-31

Past this "Support to date," the license will continue to work, however it will not be eligible for support assistance from Qlik Support and QlikView product versions upgrades released after this date will not be available.

Peter also mentioned that a TIMELIMIT value may be present in the LEF. If there is, then the product will no longer work after this date.

i.e. TIMELIMIT;;;2019-01-31

If you have any questions regarding your licensing, contact your account manager or Qlik Customer Support

Hope this helps,

Chip

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!