Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
abraham_paradac
Contributor III
Contributor III

Manage new user group in QMC

Hello friends, I have a requeriment. I need create a new rol in QMC (Qlikview Management Console). We hace Qlikview Administrators, Qlikview API, Qlikview EDX, but I need create a Monitoring group. It's Possible? I Was trying block some page from QMC but I don't have access to administrate web access policies. Some one can helpme about this? Some Idea?

I Apprecciate your help, thanks

Labels (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Abraham, what you are looking for is in the link below.  You may need to dig into the JavaScripts related to our default QMC pages in order to figure out what you need here, about the best way of which I can think to go at things, I am not aware of anyone that has really gone this route that I can recall.  

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview-developer/April2019/APIs/QMS+API/html/7b30b3a1-77da-4bbe-bdc2-1...

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

Out of the box, QlikView does not have a granular setup for different administrators/monitoring access.

You have access to Document Administrators (kb 000004048), but otherwise, it's either "All-access" "User/Source Document access" or "No Access".

A more granular setup is available in Qlik Sense. 

Building your own QMC might be possible using our APIs and such, and maybe someone has experience with this here?

/Sonja

Don't forget to Like posts and use the "Accept as Solution" button on content that answered your question! Thanks 🙂
abraham_paradac
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

"Building your own QMC might be possible using our APIs and such, and maybe someone has experience with this here?"

Where can I find information about this option?

I Appreciate your help

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Abraham, what you are looking for is in the link below.  You may need to dig into the JavaScripts related to our default QMC pages in order to figure out what you need here, about the best way of which I can think to go at things, I am not aware of anyone that has really gone this route that I can recall.  

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview-developer/April2019/APIs/QMS+API/html/7b30b3a1-77da-4bbe-bdc2-1...

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
abraham_paradac
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi brett, thanks a lot for this answer, i was looking this  detailed information.