Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nigel987
Creator II
Creator II

Management Console accessing group

Hi, 

There are two groups on my client's server ("QlikView administrator" and "QlikView administrators"). I want to know which one of them is allowed to access the Management Console. Where can I find this setting?

Appreciate any help. Thanks!

Nigel

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Chris_Rice
Support
Support

Why not add yourself to one but not the other and then see if you can get into the QMC?

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Few of the companies maintain different names, So - There is no way to figure it out. Probably, Check with your server team about it ..!

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
nigel987
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hmm there is nobody I could ask. So you say the only option is to delete one of them and see if QMC is still running?

Chris_Rice
Support
Support

Why not add yourself to one but not the other and then see if you can get into the QMC?

nigel987
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Nice idea,

it is the group named "QlikView Administrators". 

Thanks

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Here is a more definitive reference for you from the Help, little tricky to find! 🙂

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/November2018/Subsystems/Server/Content/QV_Server/QlikView-Serve...

To start tasks that have an external event as trigger, the QlikView Management Service API (QMS API) must be used. The user making the request calls must be a member of the QlikView Administrators local group or the QlikView EDX local group. The QlikView Administrators group is set up during the installation of QlikView Server, but the QlikView EDX group must be created manually in Computer Management. Members of the QlikView EDX group only have the right to trigger EDX-enabled tasks.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview-developer/November2018/APIs/QMS+API/html/7b30b3a1-77da-4bbe-bdc...

There is one for accessing the QMS APIs as well, QlikView Management API, believe that covers all the local security groups you may need, QlikView Administrators is created by the installer, the other two are not, just FYI.  

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.