Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Migrate Qlikview Configuration from a server to another server

Hi All,

I have Qlikview server and Qlikview Publisher. I'm trying to migrate the same Qlikview server configuration from a production server to disaster recovery server, is there anyway or the steps on which files need to copy? Thanks.

Regards..

Orangez

6 Replies
Ricardo_Gerhard
Employee
Employee

I can´t use two Qlikview Servers in the same time with the same license key. Qlikview uses servername to store your configurations file.

I recommend you document this configurations of Qlikview or rename disaster recovery server to the old server and paste c:\programdata\qliktech\*. This directory has all configurations.

Attention: use the same version of Qlikview to restore this directory.

Ricardo Gerhard
OEM Solution Architect
LATAM
Not applicable
Author

Hi, Thanks for your reply. Means basically I just need to move all the files in c:\programdata\qliktech\* to DR server, hence all the configurations are copied to DR server?

Ricardo_Gerhard
Employee
Employee

c:\programdata\Qliktech hold all config files, correct. So, you need to move all other directories configured like mounted folder and root folder, distribution services, etc.

But, c:\programdata\Qliktech with the same server name will works.

Ricardo Gerhard
OEM Solution Architect
LATAM
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

If different server name, any place or configuration file can make changes? to switch from server A called serverA to server B called serverB

Ricardo_Gerhard
Employee
Employee

I don´t recommend change the hostname in xml and ini files, but it´s possible.

Ricardo Gerhard
OEM Solution Architect
LATAM
Ricardo_Gerhard
Employee
Employee

Hi CS Khoo, your problem was solved? Tag the correct answer.

Ricardo Gerhard
OEM Solution Architect
LATAM