cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AlecPtn
Contributor II
Contributor II

Monitoring Tshared File

I have a Qlikview document which depends on quite a few Inputfields to provide its functionality.

My questions is how could I monitor the changes made to these inputfields in order to get a better idea on how they are being utilized, and to possibly restore old settings people might have accidentally overwritten?

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Alec, there is no tool to read a tshared file as yet, so the only option would be to copy the tshared and convert it back to shared and then use the Shared File Viewer power tool to open it and export the contents to an xml file which you could then read back into a QlikView app to analyze things...  You obviously would not want to run things all that often in this case, but if that works, it may do the trick.  Only thing of which I can think that might work here.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Alec, there is no tool to read a tshared file as yet, so the only option would be to copy the tshared and convert it back to shared and then use the Shared File Viewer power tool to open it and export the contents to an xml file which you could then read back into a QlikView app to analyze things...  You obviously would not want to run things all that often in this case, but if that works, it may do the trick.  Only thing of which I can think that might work here.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
AlecPtn
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you for the response. It should be far and few in-between where it is needed to read these files back into the app, so I believe your solution will work perfectly. 

I was unaware that the power tools had that option.  I will give this a go a bit later and will update you on how well it works. 

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Alec, here is the Help link on converting things, it sounds like you know about the Power Tools too, you want the Shared File Viewer once you convert things back to shared...

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2019/Subsystems/Server/Content/QV_Server/QlikView-Server/Q...

Hopefully this works for you, shout if you have questions, will holler as quickly as I can.

Cheers,
Brett

AlecPtn
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Everything worked out here.  I was able to export them to XML files which are far easier to work with.  The only hurdle I may need more understanding of is the meaning of the numbers assigned to them.  I have been assuming they are the load order of the field.