Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Multiple Triggers on a single Task

This should be pretty simple.  My first job 1.) triggers at 1:30 AM everyday.  Upon successful completion, it triggers 2.), and on down the chain......  However, if 1.) fails, 3.) is triggered which is just a dummy doc that opens and sleeps for 15 minutes.  Upon completion, I want it to re-trigger 1.) and continue to do so until 1.) / 4.) runs successfully.  The problem is, QEMC does not seem to know how to represent this dependency and the entire chain of QV Loads 1 (0030) disappears from the Status view.  I'm not sure if it is really still there and just not shown, or if it is gone.  Anyone know a fix? Alternative way of doing this? Thanks.

QV Trigger.png

5 Replies
danielrozental
Master II
Master II

Why dont you just set the number of retries in your first task?

Not applicable
Author

I have.  It has been as high as 7 and the task has still failed.  My understanding/guess is that the 7 retries all took place in the same single-open instance after the 130 AM trigger.  Once the 7 retries fail, the document closes and then nothing happens.  Im attempting to reopen the loader if/after the retries have failed so i dont get into the office at 7 AM and then have to start the job that should have run at 130 AM.  That ruins my whole day.... 

danielrozental
Master II
Master II

Rob, maybe you can have the last task trigger the first one using EDX instead of defining triggers. That way the QEMC will not have problems with that.

Not applicable
Author

So you're saying use my LoadSleep qvw to trigger the LoadOrder after a failure with EDX (VBScript) instead of the secondary trigger on the LoadOrder task itself in QEMC....?

danielrozental
Master II
Master II

Yeah, exactly, you would need to add a secondary trigger to your first task to allow it to be triggered externally.