cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paputzback
Contributor III
Contributor III

My applications are not opening on the first click @ Access Point

Is there a setting in the QMC I need to check? I have to click the document and then click the Internet Explore Plugin in the popup window.

FYI,

I did just install the QDF.

Thanks,

Phil

6 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Can you post a screenshot of what you are seeing?

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
paputzback
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I get a popup window instead of the application. I have to click the link "internet Explorer Plugin" to get the app to run.

QVPopUp.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable

My guess is that the IE Plugin is not the preferred client defined in your Access Point - see "Favorites and Profile" on top right.

Edit: And in QMC - User Documents - Availability, only IE is allowed in your case.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

I am able to reproduce the issue. I am don't think this is working correctly. Please contact support and have them take a look at it.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
paputzback
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

If I changes the QVWS to default to the IE plugin it works, or if I change my profile to default to the IE plug in it works also. But in Prod my server defaults to Full browser as does my profile and it works fine.

paputzback
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

So I redirected my services to point to a new directory structure

QDS Application Folder

• D:\QMC\QDS

QDS SourceDocuments (Is this really needed)

• D:\SourceDocuments

QVS Logging

• D:\QMC\QVS

QVS Root

• D:\QMC\Documents

DF - QlikView Development Framework

• D:\QV-Docs

This fixed my weird link issue for QVWs but one, the one came with the QDF install, System Monitors..

So there must be something in the QVW specifically that triggers this odd linking behavior.