Need Explaination for setup of Dynamic Cal Assignment for Doc & User Cals
I have 650 doc cals and 320 USer cals and was hoping to be able to use Dynamic Cal Assignment to make my life easier. I currently manually assign each person to either a User Cal if they need access to 5 or more documents and to Doc Cals if they need access to less than 5 Documents.
I need a better way of integrating Document Assignment and License Assignment in with my Enterprise Process.
1) What exactly does Dynamic Cal Assignment do as far as assigning the Cal and Releasing the Cal when not being used or user is no longer logged in?
2) If I have a document with 6 assigned users, Dynamic Cal Assignment Checked, and 5 Doc Cals allocated to the document, Do I have to still assign 5 persons to the Doc Cals or does QV assign them automatically as each person logs in and QV sees that they do not have a User Cal? When they log off, does the Doc Cal get released?
3) If I set Doc Cal and User Cal both as Dynamic Cal Assignment, which wins when a new user who has been assigned access to the document logs in for the first time? Do they get a Doc Cal or User Cal?
Re: Need Explaination for setup of Dynamic Cal Assignment for Doc & User Cals
1) CALs are not released automatically.
2) QlikView will first check if a named cal is assigned, it will then check if a document cal is assigned, then it will try to assign a named cal, if none are available it will try to a assign a document cal if none are available it will fail.
If the document has 6 doc cals available, 5 assigned and dynamic assignment selected then the next person that tries to access it, that doesn't have a named cal, a document cal or can't assign a named cal it will then assign him the 6th doc cal available to that document.
No CALs are released automatically.
3) Please check the QlikView Server Reference Manual for more information in section "15.4 Combining Different CALs".
15.4 Combining Different CALs
A given instance of QlikView Server can carry any combination of the CAL types listed in CAL Types (page 81). When different CAL types are combined on the same server, the order of priority in the CAL assignment is done as follows:
1. If there is a dedicated Named User CAL for the connecting client, it is used.
2. If there is a dedicated Document CAL for the connecting client, it is used.
3. If a new Named User CAL can be assigned to the connecting client, it is used.
4. If a new Document CAL can be assigned to the connecting client, it is used.
5. If there is an available Session CAL, it is used.
6. If there is an available Usage CAL, it is used.
1. Define some dumcument admins that will set the access rights for single documents, you can define how many doc cals can be used for a single doc.
2. Check how many document cals are used by a single user and if there is a single user that is assight to more then 5 document cals, add this user the AD Group of named cals or to the named cal group at qv. and remove this user from the document cals