Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
evgeny
Partner - Contributor III

Need help with AJAX ZFC pages

Hi !

I'm trying to create QlikView AJAX ZFC pages with Page Generator. Version of QlikView and QVs is 9. I'm using QlikView WEB server.

Typing to the text box:

Target Folder for Pages: C:\Program Files\QlikView\Web\web;

URL: qvp://ew2003qws/Sample/CCs.qvw;

In the Management Console , tab User Documents I'm choosing source .qvw (CCs.qvw) and in the section Accesspoint access methods typing URL: http://ew2003qws/qlikview/web/CCs_ajax/ .

And if I try to open this URL in browser I have this error :

Failed to open document, You don't have access to this document

But when I put to the IE (with plug-in): qvp://ew2003qws/Sample/CCs.qvw the document was opened.

Where is my mistake and how can I see the generated pages ?

Any suggestions will be of great help.

Thanks in advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Karl_Humma
Employee
Employee

Did you add the anonymous iqvs_[machinename] user to the security properties of the root folder, make sure it inherits to the doc security.

Also make sure in your QlikView WebServer settings you have it set to this:

View solution in original post

12 Replies
Karl_Humma
Employee
Employee

In the qemc > System >Setup >QliKView Web Servers >Web and under Root Folders add your Name and Path, I use AJAX for name and in your case the path would be C:\Program Files\QlikView\Web\web;

Now in the QEMC > Documents > User Documents > Server Settings > AccessPoint Access Methods for AJAX zero footprint client: URL you now want to add /AJAX/samples/default.htm <-- i am assuming you placed your ajax htm's in the samples folder for the app you can replace this with whatever the ajax folder name is for that app.

Hope this clears it up a bit.

/Karl

evgeny
Author

Thanks a lot for your answer.

But it is still the same error

Any other thoughts ?

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

In V9, pregenerating the ajax pages is optional. By default they will be generated on the fly. Can you use the default pages instead?

-Rob

evgeny
Author

Hello, Rob.

Thanks for your answer.

If you mean that "default pages" is the AJAX pages that generated through Access Point then Yes - I can use the default pages.

But I need to test how can I use Ajax ZFC in my own web-site ?

Karl_Humma
Employee
Employee

nice i tried to reply and it suggested your post as the answer, go figure!

Anyway can you send me all the details on your settings so i have a clear picture of your actual setup. Then i can see what steps i missed. This is possible i do it here, http://demotest.qlik.com for musiqtracker & golfquest, to name a few, since we hand crafted these ajax on demand would not show them correctly.

You can private message me your setting rather than post them if you like.

/Karl

evgeny
Author

I installed QVs9 Enterprise Edition on Windows server 2003 (32-bit). All installation settings was determined as default. Access Point is working correctly. I tried to create my own web page with Page Generator:

New empty document with one object (button) was saved in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\QlikTech\Documents\sss.qvw .

Then: Tools > Objects Client Page Generator

Now I can open this document through Access Point by any client. And when I put to the IE (with plug-in): qvp://ew2003qws/Sample/CCs.qvw the document was opened too.

But I can't open the generated page in URL:

http://ew2003qws/qlikview/web/sss_ajax/

or even

http://ew2003qws/AJAX/sss_ajax/

because I made the same changes as you advised. And if try I have error:

So, what I have make to see the generated ajax pages ?

There are Document Settings that I Made :

Karl_Humma
Employee
Employee

No doc access means you are not authenticating correctly. How are your security settings in the management console set dms or ntfs?

Are you trying to access the app anonymously or via user?

Also is this folder C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\QlikTech\Documents\sss.qvw exist in the root or a folder mount for your qvs under QlikView Server Settings > Folders?

evgeny
Author

The doc sss.qvw exists in the root folder.

Here is the security settings:

I'm trying to access the app anonymously.

And when I'm trying to connect through the Access Point or over qvp there is no any problem.

The are problems only with generated pages.

Karl_Humma
Employee
Employee

Did you add the anonymous iqvs_[machinename] user to the security properties of the root folder, make sure it inherits to the doc security.

Also make sure in your QlikView WebServer settings you have it set to this: