Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

No Server

Good day everybody,

i'm facing a "no server" error when i reach the access point

context :

i'm working on a VM.

QVS (v9) is set, all QV services are started (IIS is running too),

my user administrator is located in Qlikview administator group and i can run QMC and QEMC

My users are declared

Pb:

whan i launch internet on http://localhost/qlikview i reach the access point.

I authentified either as a user or administrator but get "No server".

can somebody explain to me what is wrong?

thank you

chris

15 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Sunil

Could you please tell me, how to define the server connection name in QlikView?

Br

Anta

Not applicable
Author

Hi All, If both servers (Web and IIS are running) is not the easy installation procedure. We have to change the port no in config file then only it will connect u to server and shows the document. Regards, Ravi.

Not applicable
Author

Hi chaps,

sorry fir the delay but i've been out of the community for a big while.

As far as I remember, use QEMC, tabs System, Setup, General to set the server

name.

bets regards

christian

Selon a_thodge <qliktech@sgaur.hosted.jivesoftware.com>:

a_thodge created the

discussion

"Re: No Server"

To view the discussion, visit:

http://community.qlik.com/message/182736#182736

g_westaway
Contributor III
Contributor III

There was another explanation for the 'No Server' scenario in our installation (v10).

We switched to using Custom User authentication for named users, via the AccessPoint (having upgraded to v10 a few weeks earlier). After that, once or twice per day, the AccessPoint after logging in just showed "No Server".
When checking the QV server, the QVS service shows as 'Disconnected' with a message "Failed to contact service".
However the QlikView windows services all appear to be running normally.

QV support said this was just lack of resources on the server, but didn't explain why this had suddenly become such a factor.
Checking the session log, it showed all ‘Named user’ connections using tunnelling, not port 4747.
I had earlier noticed that huge logs were being generated by the web server, mostly full of encrypted text following a tunnel request.
It seemed something was blocking port 4747 between the web server and the QV server.

After we added the NAT IP address (or the DNS name) of the server in the "Link Machine Name" attribute under QEMC > Setup > Server > General > External Linking, all ‘Named user’ connections then used port 4747. Since then, we have had no further instances of this error.

I hope this might help
Giles

Not applicable
Author

I confirm -- adding Link Machine Name in QMC -> System -> Setup -> QlikView Servers -> General solves the problem.

luciano_garcia
Contributor III
Contributor III

I confirm too. I was able to fix the problem just by putting the web server name on the line described above as you recommended and clicking on "Apply". Access has been normalized and the following messages are no longer returned in EventViewer :

event_viewer.png

Thank you.