cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NeelanjanBasu
Contributor II
Contributor II

Not able to start Qlikview Management Service

While starting the Qlikview Management service I am receiving the below error.

Please can someone let me know the below error means ?

ERROR Message:

28/02/2015 15:39:23.0143016InformationInitializing security
28/02/2015 15:39:23.0683070InformationLEF status: Serial=4401560945681328;Name=Xchanging;Organization=Xchanging;ProductLevel=Enterprise;SpecialEdition=Normal;NoXs=1;LefOk=True;LefMissing=False,Expired=False;PDFEnabled=False;ErrorMessage=
28/02/2015 15:39:23.0743076InformationStarting up repository...
28/02/2015 15:39:23.1163118ErrorFailed to initialize database
28/02/2015 15:39:23.1163118InformationQlikView Management Service Initialization failed, service stopped. Reason: Failed to initialize repository
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable

If I understand you correctly, you manually edited some values in the QVPR.

This is not anything we can support. You really need to know what you are doing if you change values in the QVPR.

It seems like the changes you have made does not match what the Management Services expects.

Either you need to rollback those changes or delete the entire QVPR folder (which will trigger the Management Service to create a new QVPR next time it starts up and you then need to set up everything from scratch).

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Not applicable

The logs states the Management Service can't connect/initialize the QVPR.

Are you using XML or SQL Server?

XML - check the service account has access to the file path and not missing files.

SQL Server - can you connect using the service account.

Might be worth considering revert to an older back up version of the QVPR if it has be corrupt

Have you upgraded? If so, from/to which versions

NeelanjanBasu
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

We are using XML as repository.

We cloned the working QLK server in another server due to some requirements. Changed in the names of the server and IP. changed the name in the XML files under C:\ProgramData\Qliktech\Management Service\s. And we are trying to start QMS where we are facing the issue.

Please let me know if you need more infoemation.

Thanks,

Neelanjan

Not applicable

If I understand you correctly, you manually edited some values in the QVPR.

This is not anything we can support. You really need to know what you are doing if you change values in the QVPR.

It seems like the changes you have made does not match what the Management Services expects.

Either you need to rollback those changes or delete the entire QVPR folder (which will trigger the Management Service to create a new QVPR next time it starts up and you then need to set up everything from scratch).

NeelanjanBasu
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks.

Ok.. Most of them are solved now. Can you please let me know how to issue certificate from one server (containg QVS) and the other server (containing QMS) in it ?

Not applicable

Certificates is always created by QMS.

Lokeshb31
Contributor III
Contributor III

Please let me know how these issues are fixed. We have GO LIVE next week and unable to restore QVPR yet. Facing same error. 

Lokeshb31
Contributor III
Contributor III

My issue is resolved. As per support article https://support.qlik.com/articles/000002996 , they have mentioned to change old server references only in .xml files in QVPR folder. However I also opened all .bak files from QVPR folder in notepad++ and replaced all old server machine entries with new one. 

Secondly, I did not change .ini file on the new server. These two settings resolved my issue.