Qlik Community

QlikView Management

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Management.

Highlighted
aditi_g_110
New Contributor

OSUser() not working on server

I want to extract the details of the logged in user.

For this i am using the function OSUser(). This works perfectly fine when i am using it on my local machine. However when i deploy the dashboard on the server, the user details dont come through. It shows a blank. I have tried using QVUser() in place of OSUser() too. Both of these dont seem to work. Could someone please help me with this?

Tags (2)
6 Replies
Support
Support

Re: OSUser() not working on server

Hi,

osuser()  will read your local machine login.

qvuser() reads your user if you long into section access with USERID.

They should work on the access point.

 

Bill

 

 

 

Bill - Designated Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.

Re: OSUser() not working on server

OSUSer() should work on access point, are you just showing OSUser()? or using the function in an expression?

Support
Support

Re: OSUser() not working on server

Create a Text object and put in =osuser()

 

osuser.png

 

 

 

Bill - Designated Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
chrwolf64
Contributor III

Re: OSUser() not working on server

OSUser() always works with Plugin as client. With Ajax, it only works if the server authorization is set to "DMS authorization".

Support
Support

Re: OSUser() not working on server

Hi,

That is incorrect, osuser() will work with either setting.

Bill

Bill - Designated Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
chrwolf64
Contributor III

Re: OSUser() not working on server

Maybe since version 12.10. But before it definitely did not work in Ajax if server authorization was set to "NTFS authorization".