Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

OSUser() not working on server

I want to extract the details of the logged in user.

For this i am using the function OSUser(). This works perfectly fine when i am using it on my local machine. However when i deploy the dashboard on the server, the user details dont come through. It shows a blank. I have tried using QVUser() in place of OSUser() too. Both of these dont seem to work. Could someone please help me with this?

6 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

osuser()  will read your local machine login.

qvuser() reads your user if you long into section access with USERID.

They should work on the access point.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
rubenmarin

OSUSer() should work on access point, are you just showing OSUser()? or using the function in an expression?

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Create a Text object and put in =osuser()

osuser.png

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
cwolf
Creator III
Creator III

OSUser() always works with Plugin as client. With Ajax, it only works if the server authorization is set to "DMS authorization".

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

That is incorrect, osuser() will work with either setting.

Bill

cwolf
Creator III
Creator III

Maybe since version 12.10. But before it definitely did not work in Ajax if server authorization was set to "NTFS authorization".