Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Open QVP for Port 4747

Hi all,

I want to using IE Plugin to access my qvw from client. But anyone can tell me how to open outbound and inbound ports 4747 in server? And what else important setting that I must set in QlikView Server (so it will not effect in performance)? Thanks before.

Regards,

Heri

4 Replies
danielrozental
Master II
Master II

Is this a local firewall or a company network firewall? If it's local check this link or just look in google for help on disabling firewalls.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-vista/open-a-port-in-windows-firewall

Not applicable
Author

thanks daniel for your reply.. its local firewall. now after i open the port, what i must set in qlikview server so i can access my qvw through IE plugin?

danielrozental
Master II
Master II

There is nothing else you need to set up.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

To prevent using the web server (either it is QVWS or IIS) and make the communication as fast and fluent as possible you will need to connect via QVP:// handlers directly instead of opening the AccessPoint, then selecting the Plugin to see the document.

Make sure that there are no other network hardware (proxies, load balancers or routers) that might be interfering between the QlikView Server and the Plugin via port 4747.

Hope that makes sense.

Miguel