Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Open external documents (like user manual, etc.)

Hi,

I need to provide the user with such a button :

"Open an example" or

"About coffee business solutions"

This button should open a pdf/html file that is in the same directory than the .qvw. For example : Open URL Action, with such an URL :

..\doc\coffee_business.html

Actually, it does work locally but not when I open the .qvw from AccessPoint.

Any Idea ?

Thanks

Adrien

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

This is the answer from the support team :

Question :

[..]

Actually, the macro is not the point. It does the same thing with this html file :

../doc/about_coffee_business.html

“File not found”. I’m not using access point but the ‘open in server’ facility of the Qlikview executable.

It works when I ‘open’ it directly. I need to provide the URL as “relative”, not as “absolute” location.

Answer :

It appears that if you want to use relative paths, the folder must be under wwwroot\inetpub for IIS or you have to set the path in our webserver virtual folders,

for example Blah C:\Blah. I used the login.htm file and placed in c:\Blah then in the URL for the action did ..\..\..\Blah\login.htm

Relative mean relative to where the web server is looking for it.

Regards

Anders

In conclusion, the absolute path, with IP of server, must be used.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

up !

no idea ?

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

If you are giving action to open the qvw file then, in file name space type file name in below format.

\\IP Address of server\Foldername\Filename.qvw.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Not applicable
Author

This is the answer from the support team :

Question :

[..]

Actually, the macro is not the point. It does the same thing with this html file :

../doc/about_coffee_business.html

“File not found”. I’m not using access point but the ‘open in server’ facility of the Qlikview executable.

It works when I ‘open’ it directly. I need to provide the URL as “relative”, not as “absolute” location.

Answer :

It appears that if you want to use relative paths, the folder must be under wwwroot\inetpub for IIS or you have to set the path in our webserver virtual folders,

for example Blah C:\Blah. I used the login.htm file and placed in c:\Blah then in the URL for the action did ..\..\..\Blah\login.htm

Relative mean relative to where the web server is looking for it.

Regards

Anders

In conclusion, the absolute path, with IP of server, must be used.