Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
claudio1
Contributor III
Contributor III

Organize QVS Access Point

Hi guys,

A rather simple question, i was wondering if there is a way to organize the Access Point in directories and subdirectories, i want to avoid all reports to be listed togheter because i have several areas of interests to manage.

Thank you in advance,

Claudio

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

You can organize by adding a Category to each document and then selecting Category in the AP View.

Or you can distribute to folders and select directory as the view in AP.

If this doesn't make sense to you, please let me know what version of server you have.

-Rob

View solution in original post

5 Replies
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

You can organize by adding a Category to each document and then selecting Category in the AP View.

Or you can distribute to folders and select directory as the view in AP.

If this doesn't make sense to you, please let me know what version of server you have.

-Rob

claudio1
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Rob,

Thank you for your answer, we already have the root folder organized in subdirectories but i can't find the drectory view you are talking about.

In the "View" combo of the AP i only have two options "Thumbnails" and "Details"; if i select "Details" and then in the field "Sort by" i select "Document path" i get something similar to what i want, that is a browsable tree of all my direcotries and reports (i hope it can be filtered with DMS security, still have to give it a try).

Is this the "directory view" you are talking about?  

Anyway the combination of View="Details" + Sort By="Document path" could be a solution for me, the Category way instead is not enough because i am not sure you can set sub categories in that way.

My server version is 10.00.8815.6.

Claudio

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

If you are using the QlikView Server v10. You have a option called Browsable in QMC->Qlikview Server Settings

You can uncheck the browsable checkbox of the subdirectory which contains the QVW files which you dont want to show in AP.

Hope this will help you

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
claudio1
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Kaushik,

That "browsable" property doesn't seem to be usable with conditional expressions, so this is not exactly what i am looking for because i need certain users to access certain directories. But basically this is another problem... thank you anyway.

Claudio

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

"Is this the "directory view" you are talking about?"

Yes.