Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mwanders
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Other root reference in filelist than in root folder in QMC.

Hi people,

For a client a have to manage a QlikView document which I did not create. My client is going to move a location where files are stored. My task is to change the location reference in the QlikView script. No problem.

Script:

Sub Dodir(Root)
for each Ext in '*.*'
for each File in filelist (Root & '\*.' & '$(Ext)')

ListOfFiles_Temp:
Load
Left(Mid('$(File)', index('$(File)','\', -2)+1), index(Mid('$(File)', index('$(File)','\', -2)+1), '\', 1)-1) as Folder,
'$(File)' as FullName
autogenerate 1

The outcome for field "FullName" is: \\sdc-filer-01\hgd$\Docs\PDF documenten\Verkoopfacturen\ and field "Folder" is "Verzonden".

The script generates a list with filenames. Ok, I understand that.

The filelist is created with Root and after a search this must be a root folder. If I look in the QMC then I see a different folder than \\sdc-filer-01\hgd$\Docs\PDF documenten\Verkoopfacturen\ . It's has a reference to D:\\QlikView.

How do I change Root that has it's reference to \\sdc-filer-01\hgd$\Docs\PDF documenten\Verkoopfacturen\?

I searched but I can not find such thing. Can somebody help me?

Kind regards,

Martijn Wanders

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mwanders
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thank you for your reply! In the mean time I found a solution in another thread.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

You should have a variable set for the rootPath.  See below.

rootPath = 'D:\Router';

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
mwanders
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thank you for your reply! In the mean time I found a solution in another thread.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

Please mark the issue as solved.

Thanks

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.