Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Phantom Task

Hey Guys,

I have an issue which is similar but not quite the same as this one: Ghost task

We get an email from the publisher saying a task has failed, even though we cant see/find it in QMC anymore. That task used to exist but we deleted it and renamed the original qvw and gave it a new task name.This one runs fine. But for some reason the old one is still existing some where and is failing everyday as it used to be based on a trigger.

Have you guys come across this scenario? We even checked the DocumentTask.xml and that task doesn't exist there.

Any suggestion would be great.

Thanks

3 Replies
reljourbagy
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

I am encountering the same issue as well. Where else would these tasks be originating from if they aren't in the QVPR?
Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

I would suggest using the XMLDBViewer from the Powertools  and search for any possible reference to the task in other tables (the search functionality is pretty useful). I'd be surprised for the task not to show anywhere.

Daniele - Senior Technical Support Engineer & SaaS Support Coordinator at Qlik
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.
reljourbagy
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Unfortunately a search of all files in QVPR did not yield any results. Strangely enough 24 hours after I rolled the QVPR back everything went back to normal. However during that 24 hour window there were a lot of phantom tasks that had been loaded in somewhere.