Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Please help urgently: QV Log_files growing way too big

Hi,

please help me: One of the QV Log_Files - the Distribution_Service logs, the ones labeled "root_YYYYMMDD.txt", are growing way too big. I'm not trained in administration of any kind. At last I have access to the logs, so here's some welcome 😉

Precisely, three of them - since July 19, 2014 - are extremely big - 32 MB on July 19, 43 MB on July 20 and 15MB on July 21. The ones before have a size of 100, max. 500KB.

We have just done an update to the most current version with the help of an external consultant.

I have already opened a ticket with our partner CP who in turn will open a ticket with QlikTech. In the biggest of the logfiles, there are some lines which, if I'm not mistaken, repeat over and over all day:

20/07/2014 00:05:02.3019625 Error PurgeThread encountered exception.. Exception=System.ArgumentException: An item with the same key has already been added.

at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Insert(TKey key, TValue value, Boolean add)

at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Add(TKey key, TValue value)

at QDSMain.TaskStore.AddRange(IEnumerable`1 tasks)

at QDSMain.Workorder.get_TaskAndTempTaskList()

at QDSMain.TaskLogIndex.RemoveAllWithoutLogFile()

at QDSMain.FileSystemHelper.RunPurgeMethods()

As far as I can see at first glance, it goes on like this all day - always the same lines.

Can you make anything of this?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

12 Replies
datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi Daniel,

well, it does work - kind of - but there is a lot that I cannot see. I have access only to the QlikViewServer and QlikViewDistributionService logs - and I haven't yet found out even where to enter the path to the QDS logs.

All others - like the ManagementService and the DirectoryServiceConnector - are out of bounds for me.

I see that there are still a lot of statistics I can review on the QVS alone - but I will have to take some time to have a closer look at what all of those charts actually tell me.

I think I will have a look at the two URLs I have for free training.

Not applicable

Training is always good and also have the needed rights when working in IT.

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi Daniel,

well, that is my problem 😉 Training - costs money - so it's a bit of a challenge to get ...

Being granted the access_rights I need to do what I am required to do is quite a challenge 😉

=> I guess I can learn how to use what I can in the System_Monitor, but in the case that something goes wrong, I will still have to rely on our distribution_partner's helpdesk.