Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ronald_gdi
Contributor III
Contributor III

Problem AccessPoint Qlikview 11.2 SR7 Internet Explorer

Hello,

I need of help!!

I installed the new version of Qlikview 11.2 SR7 and I use Qlikview Plugin, but isn't working in IE browser (7,8,9,10). In others browsers is working good.

Somebody has any idea?

I saw that the consumption of RAM IE process is increasing and is constantly increasing.

Thank you!

Ronald

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Giuseppe_Novello

Excellent! Glad that worked. DO you mind to close / solve this discussion?

Thank you!

Gio

Giuseppe Novello
Principal Technical Support Engineer @ Qlik

View solution in original post

20 Replies
Giuseppe_Novello

Ronald,

Need more details whats not working, IE plug-in is not opening the application, getting error message, object are not rendering?

Gio

Giuseppe Novello
ronald_gdi
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you Giuseppe,

I opened the internet explorer and I need to open Qlikview access point.

When the access is done within the server where it is installed QlikviewServer I put:

http://localhost/qlikview

And it works right.

But when I access the server another machine I have to enter the server name

http://name_of_server/qlikview

And at this point the page loads and displays the message "Loading"

But at this point I enable trace of IE and see that the call is in a loop, calling several times, al in task manager consuming RAM IE starts to increase.

In any other browser it opens in the main time, puts my AD user and display applications. But in IE (6,7,8,910,11) does not work.

He installed QlikView Server using Qlikview Webserver version. I'm not using IIS.

Not applicable

Add the QlikView AccessPoint site to the local intranet zone or trusted sites

Not applicable

If you look in the windows event logs, perhaps you can see an error?

General (on server side)

• Are all pre-requirments installed for QlikView (.NET Framework 4.0 for Qlikview 11+) and if IIS is used, have all correct role services been added?
  • Ensure that the Service Account running the Directory Service connector has all necessary permissions to resolve usernames. This may be a simple authentication loop issue.
  • If the Service Account cannot have access to the Active Directory, make sure a proper user is configured in the Directory Service Connector settings in the Management Console
  • If the Directory Service Connector is installed on a different host, make sure port 4730 is not blocked either way.
  • The hostname of the server addressed may not include an underscore (IE in particular), as no cookies can be set, which fails the authentication processes: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/ieinternals/archive/2009/08/20/wininet-ie-cookie-internals-faq.aspx
  • Enhanced Security settings should be turned off
  • Does the QlikView Server have full access to all it's ProgramData? c:\programdata\qliktech\qlikview server as well as the mounts set up in the Management console need to be fully available.
  • Are you listing a high number of mounts, or do your mounts contain a high number of none-QlikView related files? Note that the QVS will scan the mount content regularly, which can lead to delays or full timeouts.
  • Ensure that the Qlikview Webserver Server connection is using the QlikView Server host name instead of Localhost in QlikView Management Console go to: System > Setup > QlikviewWebserver > Accesspoint > Server > Connections

General (on client side)

• Add the QlikView AccessPoint site to the local intranet zone or trusted sites
  • Are cookies allowed in the browser for the currently logged on user?
Giuseppe_Novello

Ronald,

For any chance your machine name has underscores "_ "? Maybe it could be a DNS problem, can you try with IP address? and what Daniel and Ako recommend too.

Gio

Giuseppe Novello
ronald_gdi
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hello Daniel,

Thank you, but I already made this, but the problem continue yet.

The problem seems authentication with qlikview server, domain server and IE.

Att

Giuseppe_Novello

Ronald,

Can you please try using IP address? http://<ipAddressOfServer>/qlikview

Gio

Giuseppe Novello
ronald_gdi
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you Ako,

I checked the windows events logs and all it's okay. There aren't errors.

The problem seems authentication between qlikview server, domain server and IE. I checked all points that you wrote and the instalallation it's okay.

Now I will installing qlikview server again, pass to pass. In production server I have the Qlikview Server 11.2 SR5 and Windows 2008 R2 and it's okay. Today a new server has Windows 2008 R2 SP1 and it isn't okay. I will install the same version of windows and post the results later.

kind regards

ronald_gdi
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you, great idea.

I have underscore in the machine name and with IP it's okay.

I'll change the machine name and try to test again.

kind regards