Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Problem with QV Server 10 SR1

Hello,

I have installed the QV Server SR1 on my local machine as Administrator. All services are running. There are no entries in the event viewer.

In the QMC I cannot enter my licence as the fields are not enabled. It says: Server is down.

In other dialogs the status of the QVS service is displayed as disconnected.

Can anybody help?

Kind regards

Christian

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

If your firewall software is disabled, then you don't need to open any port, unless some other software (antivirus likely) is filtering some content or port.

View solution in original post

12 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello Christian,

Check that your firewall allows port 4747 that is used by QlikView to connect between clients and Server, and so, validate credentials.

That would make the Console available to your user.

On the other hand, is the Accesspoint available? If yes, what message does it show?

Hope that helps

EDIT: port 4780 for QEMC should also be opened inbound and outbound. Checked the forums and there are some other issues to be taken into consideration, from reinstalling .NET Framework to change the computer name in the xml config files to the IP address...

Not applicable
Author

Hello!

Thanks for the reply.

My firewall is inactive. Do i still have to open any ports?

The AccessPoint (login.htm) tries to login with no result. No message appears

Christian

Not applicable
Author

Hello Miguel,

I haven´t installed IIS. Is it a problem?

Christian

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

If your firewall software is disabled, then you don't need to open any port, unless some other software (antivirus likely) is filtering some content or port.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello,

It shouldn't provided you have installed QlikView WebServer. That should be enough at least for testing purposes.

Regards.

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Take a look at the following sources for clues:

1. Windows Event Application log.

2. Server Event*.log files in \users\All Users\Qliktech\Qvs (or \Documents and Settings\All Users\Qliktech\Qvs for older versions of windows).

3. QlikviewManagementService logs at \users\All Users\Qliktech\QlikviewManagementService\Log

Not applicable
Author

Good idea.

The event log says: Licence has expired. Server not registered

But: I cannot enter the licence as the fields are disabled because the server is down ...

Not applicable
Author

Hi Christian,

If the QlikView Server isn't licensed, it will shut itself down after some time (15 minutes or something like that); after that you can't enter the license key (as you noticed).

Go to the Services-panel in Windows, find the 'QlikView Server' process, and restart it. After the restart you have a few minutes to enter the license key, before it shuts down again.

Hope that helps!

Martijn ter Schegget

The Implementation Group

(PS: accidentally clicked the 'suggest an answer' button on your post - please ignore that 😛 )

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Martijn ter Schegget wrote:(PS: accidentally clicked the 'suggest an answer' button on your post - please ignore that 😛 )

I clicked on yours on purpose! I didn't thought of that, but that makes sense. Anyway, the Console doesn't need the server to work and in any case, the server will need to be restarted for the license to take effect, but I'll keep that in mind.

Thanks Martjin