Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Problem with reload engine

I installed qlikview server 10 r3 on a server today, but forgot to install the distribution engine. /reload engine.

Got the error "The QlikView distribution service is not currently running" when setting up the document reload.

Uninstalled qlikview server. Rebooted the server.

Installed qlikview server again, this time with the distribution engine. rebooted

Same problem.

Uninstalled qlikview server, deleted the folder c:\programdata\qliktech . rebooted the server.

Installed qlikview again, with the distribution engine and rebooted.

Still the same problem.

How can i get qlikview to work without reinstalling the whole server?

The service shows up in windows service mangaer, but qlikview management console dont show it as a service.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Started qlikview enterprise mangement console. went to documents and reload. In this gui the reload was available. set up a document for reload and reloaded it.

Suddenly the reload service was showing up in both enterprise management console and in the management console. Somehow this triggered it to be registered as normal.

I have sendt my info to qlikview, so hopefully they will fix this small bug.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

After uninstalling did you delete the registry setting.

If not then uninstall the server, delete the registry settings. and then re install the server.

Hope this will solve the issue.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Not applicable
Author

I searched the registry and got a lot of hits searching for qlikview.

What is the most important settings to delete?

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

I dont know the specific registry for that, but you can delete all of them related to qlikview and qliktech.

Make sure that you take a backup of them and then delete them.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Not applicable
Author

Started qlikview enterprise mangement console. went to documents and reload. In this gui the reload was available. set up a document for reload and reloaded it.

Suddenly the reload service was showing up in both enterprise management console and in the management console. Somehow this triggered it to be registered as normal.

I have sendt my info to qlikview, so hopefully they will fix this small bug.

Not applicable
Author

Just writing to confirm I had a similar problem as the OP and this solution worked for me (use the QEMC and then go back to the QMC and it works).

Thanks logsfi!

Not applicable
Author

great answer thanks a lot!