Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QEMC read only restriction

Hello community,

Is there any way through which I can implement security though which other consultants can see the management console but they are should not be allowed to make any changes like sort of read only access to qemc

regards

5 Replies
advait_thakur
Creator III
Creator III

Hello Gaurav,

Good one but unfortunately there is no such feature available. At present whoever have access to QV server can change the things in QMC, there is no point to have control over it till version QV11.

Regards

Advait

Join the official Qlik Enthusiast's page here
https://www.linkedin.com/groups/6513382/
tresesco
MVP
MVP

There are roles - 'Supervisors', 'Document Administrators' in the server. With proper implementation along with Windows security, you possibly can get it to goal.

advait_thakur
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Gaurav,

You may check Windows security also, might work in your scenario but its not available in QlikView.

Regards

Advait

Join the official Qlik Enthusiast's page here
https://www.linkedin.com/groups/6513382/
Not applicable
Author

Hi Advait/Tresesco,

Many thanks for your input. I have been trying to explore other areas like Windows security but no luck.

well I also think the same that if you have access to QV server then you can make changes, anyways I need to come up with a proper justification before my client.

Again thanks for you inputs

Tresesco,

Can you please explain your point a bit more in detail as I' am not that proficient with 'Roles/Document adminstrators..

tresesco
MVP
MVP

• Document Administrator in the "Folder Access" tab permits to delegate a Document Administration perimeter to a user which is not member of the QlikView Administrator Group
  • Document Supervisor in the "Folder Access" tab permits to give access in the accesspoint to all applications of the directory on which are given rights which user is not member of the QlikView Administrator Group... this without being obliged to declare the user in the document tab of the QMC.

Therefore, if you create users in Windows with access right 'Read' to certain folders, things can work.