Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vireshkolagimat
Creator III
Creator III

QMC - Long runnin task

Dear All,

I've scheduled task in QMC which is extracting the data from oracle database. The query is fetching one month data from the database.

It has been running for more than 4 hrs and if I use the same query in SQL Developer, within 10 min i will get the data.

Any idea what is going wrong. For your reference i have attached both task and document log.

Thank you.

Regards,

VK

3 Replies
vunguyenq89
Creator III
Creator III

Is SQL developer installed on the same server with your QlikView Server/ Publisher? Otherwise, it's not a fair comparison.

First possibility is network issue - SQL developer might be in a server with a closer/ better network connection to Oracle than your QlikView server.

Also, if you query a large dataset, SQL developer only returns part of the data for preview. Meanwhile, in an ODBC connection, the whole data must be downloaded, which may explain the difference.

You can try to install Excel on your QlikView server, and try loading data from the same ODBC driver (instruction at Connect to an ODBC source - Excel). This will help you identify whether the issue is on QlikView or the driver side

vireshkolagimat
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi, SQL Developer is on my local machine and Qlikview server is on different machine.

After taking 3 to 4 hours also the task is getting failed. Not giving any error in document log as well.

I tired to connect to Excel but getting out of memory issue.

thanks,

Regards,

VK

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

There is only 1 second of data in the DocumentLog, and there is no error. You will need to increase the verbosity for the Distribution tasks. When you run that script with QlikView Desktop, how long does it take and how does the script log look like (e.g.: which table or step is the more time consuming)?

When you say connecting to Excel is giving out of memory, when does exactly that error appear? Because it is very rare unless there is an error in the script or app itself (or maybe even a bug). Does it happen also with QlikView Desktop?