Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
karolina_
Creator II
Creator II

QMC empty after server restart

Hi All,

I have QV server 12.40 SR1 installed.

After server(vm) was not reacheable it was restarted. Once it come back it appear management console is empty.

All tabs are visible.  I can see services, webserver configuration.QMCempty.pngThere are no task, no documents, no server setups, no qv license and no users license. Under System -> License there is no QlikView Server, only QlikView Publisher.

Access Point is working fine, report are reacheable.

I tried repair, modify just QMC and even removed and install QV server again (without removing folders in QlikTech).

I am thinking about removing files from [...]\QlikTech\ManagementService and then do modify->QMC.  Should I remove all files?

Anyone had such problems?

Labels (2)
3 Replies
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

The only thing that would really make sense is that things were likely modified to point to custom locations and someone did something to cause those locations to reset to the default values thus stripping away all your configuration info, I would venture that is where you need to be looking on this one...  The fact you have already made changes etc., means it may be difficult to try to recover too, cannot say for sure what you are going to end up with at the moment.  Hopefully you can find the right location of the config files etc. and get the services repointed to those locations and everything will be as it was at that point.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
karolina_
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Brett,

After server was added manually all configurations reappeared, but qv distribution service was not working correctly - it was not possible to do reload path (on successfull event) and it was not showing next reload time.

After qv services restart distribution service did not came up - error 1067.

I renamed C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\DistributionService and created new one (rapair instalation) and service came up, but I still cannot do proper reloads

Machine restart is done every 2 days on average and it never happened.

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Things are as expected given you recreated the QDS Application Data folder, all you task history is stored there.  The QDS will have to rebuild all the task info received from the QMS, as soon as the QMS and QDS sync the task info, you should be able to run things again.  If there is a problem with the sync, the first step is to increase the QMS logging to High and check the QMS logs to see what they are saying...  Same base location as the QDS folder you renamed except ManagementService\Logs.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.