Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

QMC missing tabs after upgrade and even on a new server instance

After upgrading to the latest version of Qlikview, on the local server when accessing the management console only the Status and Documents tabs appear. Only if you click on the status tab, does the users and systems tabs appear but nothing is in them nor can you add anything. A clean install was also preformed on a different server with the same results.

I read other posts here and we did verify that the domain account being used is in the Administrator and also in the Qlikview admin groups. Any ideas on the possible fix?

Labels (1)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Sounds a lot like a Browser-Javascript problem, but I'm probably mistaken.

Are you talling about QV12.30 or another version?

Did you try accessing the QMC with the same account (or another account that has an entry in the local QlikView Administrators group) but from another PC?

View solution in original post

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

I agree with Peter in that this does seem browser specific. Which browser is being used - IE? Try with either Chrome or Firefox. I have seen issues similar to this in the past where Windows group policy objects were preventing QMC from displaying all tabs.

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!

View solution in original post

6 Replies
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

The account being used is in the local "QlikView Administrators" group?

What happens if you access the QMC using the id used to do the server install?

-Rob
http://masterssummit.com
http://qlikviewcookbook.com
http://www.easyqlik.com

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you for the reply Rob!

QMC is being accessed via the same domain user account that was used during the install. My coworker has a new case opened with support on this now also. Open to any suggestions so we can get the latest version working.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Sounds a lot like a Browser-Javascript problem, but I'm probably mistaken.

Are you talling about QV12.30 or another version?

Did you try accessing the QMC with the same account (or another account that has an entry in the local QlikView Administrators group) but from another PC?

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

I agree with Peter in that this does seem browser specific. Which browser is being used - IE? Try with either Chrome or Firefox. I have seen issues similar to this in the past where Windows group policy objects were preventing QMC from displaying all tabs.

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
njmaehler
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

What is your case number? We are experiencing the same issue. 
We are definitely using the same domain account that we did the installation with and using Chrome to open. 
Strangely, we have done the upgrade in the test environment and it works. This makes no sense at all!
We have QV12.60 SR1 in both environments.

Maria_Halley
Support
Support

@Anonymous 

Can you make sure that you colleague, that opened a case, to refer to this thread. Then hopefully we can post the answer here too