Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sarthak_17
Contributor
Contributor

QMC tasks are failing with error "cannot open the document, might require a user name and password"

Hi, we have multiple qlikview tasks failing in QMC with error as "Document open call failed. The document might require username and password". 

We checked the engine utilsation and there was enough bandwidth available and there were many tasks that failed with the same error. 

While we ran it the second time, the document was reloaded successfully. We have appworx (edx) triggers at backend that triggers a job which fails to while communting with the corresponding QMC tasks due to this. 

Does it have something to do with QV version 12 as we recently upgraded the version from 11.2?

4 Replies
atoz1158
Creator II
Creator II

Hi

When we have had this in the past it has been either of two things.

1. Anti-virus software has the qvw open for scanning at the time of reload.

2. The qvw contained macros and it for some reason was prompting for permission to use macros.

Regards

Adrian 

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Given your upgrade, the important thing to understand is EDX has some new status codes in v 12 tracks that did not exist in 11.20 track, so that may be what is going on with things if the non-EDX triggered tasks are running fine...  Best I have with what you gave us as a point in the right direction.  My best hunch would be if the task is queuing due to too many concurrent tasks trying to trigger or the QDS machine is overloaded would be the most likely culprit I believe.  There are new settings in QV 12 tracks related to both CPU and Memory overload conditions which can queue new tasks, and that queuing did not exist in 11.20...  One easy thing to try might be to set those settings to the max values to mimic 11.20, you will lose the functionality they provide to avoid crashing the server, but it may get you going until you can sort things out further.

QDS exe.config file settings:

<!-- If the CPU usage % goes above this value the machine is considered overloaded and no new tasks will be started. -->
<add key="CpuOverloadLimit" value="75"></add>
<!-- If the memory usage % goes above this value the machine is considered overloaded and no new tasks will be started. -->
<add key="MemoryOverloadLimit" value="90"></add>

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
nachotaligent
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Hi, did you be able to solve the problem?

I'm facing the same situation, but with server version 11.20. 

I want to try a copy of the same qvw but triggered by time, to see if the problem is the qvw or the external event. 

Also, I read that could be the qvw asking permissions for macros.

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Just FYI, Publisher ignores macros and triggers, so that should not be the underlying issue in your case.  

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.