Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tilakbhawsar094
Contributor II
Contributor II

QMC

Hi,

I have QVW tasks in QMC which are scheduled to run every day in the morning, till yesterday it was working fine but today one of the task throwing error.

Error:

Store something into \\path\XYZ.csv

General script error

Execution failed

Execution finished.

Labels (4)
8 Replies
dapostolopoylos
Creator III
Creator III

Check with your system administrator if the user that runs the QVW tasks has Write access to the folder \\path\XYZ.csv
Father/Husband/BI Developer
tilakbhawsar094
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I checked user account has access.

PrashantSangle

Can you post complete script with error.

Great dreamer's dreams never fulfilled, they are always transcended.
Please appreciate our Qlik community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂
tilakbhawsar094
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks for replying.  

Sorry that file is on secured server, not able to share.

But please let me know, what info do u need I can give you the similar one.

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

@tilakbhawsar094 

So, will likely need more information here in order to assist, so please provide as much as possible.

The error is occurring immediately after the STORE command to .csv in the load script? Is this the last item in the load script? Does the issue occur each time the task is run or intermittently?

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
PrashantSangle

Hi @Anonymous,

General Script error comes due to error in script. That's why I need script to check that is there any error in script. Script does not contain any secure data so you can share, or post snap shot of it.
Great dreamer's dreams never fulfilled, they are always transcended.
Please appreciate our Qlik community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Has the script updated the file \\path\XYZ.csv? If not, either the path is inaccessible to the system account, or the file is locked, or the location is out of disk space. Any one of these can prevent the file from being updated and cause a general script error.

If the file is being updated successfully, then i suggest you supply the script lines after the store statement up to the error and also share the last 50 lines or so of the document log file.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Be sure no other task is trying to access that same csv file, as having a 'read' and a 'write' trying to occur at the same time is going to result in one of them failing, that is the most logical issue given the symptoms you described, hopefully this may help further if you are still troubleshooting things.  So what I would check is if you have other tasks that read that csv file, if something happened in timing such that things got out of sync on normal schedule and the write was trying to occur while another task was doing a read from the file, as that would be a problem in this case.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.