Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours, March 20th. Former Talend Community users, ask your questions live. SIGN UP
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QV 10 - What happened to plugin_alldocs.htm?

In version 8.5, we had a url redirect setup to go from <servername> to <servername>/qlikview/plugin/plugin_alldocs.htm. This is convenient because it lists all the qvws in all the folders each user is authorized to see.

In version 10, however, it appears that this html file no longer exists. Is there a similar page in QV 10 to which I can redirect?

Thanks,

Michael

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I had exactly the same issue migrating from 8.5 to 9sr4 and this is the response I got from support:

Dear customer,

Unfortunately due our focus of improving our product we do not support any longer the task you wish to have.
In case you do not see any other solutions please contact your account manager for a consultant.

Our apologies for any inconveniences.

Original Case Description:
I have rejected using AccessPoint and would prefer to use the legacy asp pages (specifically the plugin_alldocs.asp) but there does not seem to be any information as to what files need to be moved nor where to.

Are there any instructions?; there are many differences to what I see in v8.20 eg no plugin_settings.asp

I just re-used the asps from the old install.

Regards,

Gordon

Not applicable
Author

Gordon,

Does IIS have to be installed to use those asps? Trying to do this without IIS if possible.

Thanks,

Michael

Not applicable
Author

Assuming I can use the asps without IIS, how do I figure out which files to copy?

Thanks,

Michael

Not applicable
Author

I dont know if it only works with IIS (which is what we use) but I suspect it does. The files I copied to the folder identified for 'Qlikview Plugin' in the IIS settings were:

Copy From C:\Program Files\QlikView820\Server\QvClients\QvPlugin
To: C:\Program Files\QlikView \Server\QvClients\QvPlugin
Install.inc
Plugin.asp
Plugin_functions.asp
Plugin_settings.asp

Copy from C:\Program Files\QlikView820\Examples\QvWebpages\plugin
To: C:\Program Files\QlikView \Server\QvClients\QvPlugin
Plugin_alldocs.asp
Folder.gif
Openinnew.gif

Copy FOLDER C:\Program Files\QlikView820\Examples\QvWebpages\images
To: C:\Program Files\QlikView \Server\QvClients

Incidentally, this is why we use IIS instead:

We are currently at v8.20. IEPlugin only displays as an option on the AccessPoint when the plugin is v9 - we would therefore need to have the plugins at v9 at the same time the server is upgraded if we are to use AccessPoint. Ajax is an alternative method which is now much more mature and could soon be viable.

Document reloading is achieved via remote command/batch file initiated by our business system (e.g. post invoicing run) - not through a schedule on the Qlikview server or QMC schedule. When using backup, the version created by the reload will be visible on the AccessPoint. There is no option to direct the versions to a specific location, they are simply created in the same place as the document. These versions would therefore need to be moved to another place necessitating changes to each reload process.

Via an asp menu, we invoke documents using qvp protocol to enable a call of initial macro or parameter passing. AccessPoint does not seem to offer the ability to do either of these things. The initial macro call is mainly historical as the documentation has always insisted that the document OnOpen event has no meaning in the server environment (see P338 of v9 QV Reference Book II). If the OnOpen event can be used (which would indicate the documentation is wrong) each document would need to be changed to add this trigger event. Parameter passing would still need to be resolved.

The AccessPoint interface is rather clumsy and does not conform to standards; asp offers better freedom with the user interface.

Our people understand IIS!

A major feature of AccessPoint is its ability to load balance across servers, but we are a single server environment anyway.

Regards,

Gordon