Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QV 10 and IIS 7.5 not working. Please help!

Hi all,

I am now some days on my way to get QV Server 10 working on my Windows Server 2008 R2 (64 bit) machine, integrated with IIS 7.5.

I followed the steps outlined in the QV Server Installation Guide, but it already fails when testing the tunneling. That gives me a 500.0 error.

When trying to access the QV AccessPoint, the only thing that I see is a page telling me Login Failed together with a Cancel link.

Please, can someone tell me what can be wrong?

The AppPool of the website is running with .NET Framework 4, with a local user account (with admin rights for the time being).

For the tunneling test I go to http://localhost/Scripts/qvstunnel.dll?test, which gives me a 500.0 error.

The authentication on the IIS application is both anonymous and Windows Authentication. When turning off Anonymous, I get a Window that tells me to login. But logging in does not help

I have to integrate with IIS, because I am running more websites an that same machine, so using the QV WebServer is not an option (as far as I understood the documentation).

Can anyone point me into the right direction?

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi Bill,

Well, actually it was a combination of some issues I had to fix. Wrong security settings, wrong CAL settings, and more of those things. It took me still some time, but it is working.

Again, thanks for the help

Marco

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

HI,

There is no issue of running version 10 with IIS 7.5. I would think that you are missing something in the IIS setup.

See if the attached will help you.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

Hi Bill,

Thanks for this! It didn't exactly fix my problem, but at least it pointed me into the right direction.

Marco

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

What was the solution to your issue?

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

Hi Bill,

Well, actually it was a combination of some issues I had to fix. Wrong security settings, wrong CAL settings, and more of those things. It took me still some time, but it is working.

Again, thanks for the help

Marco