Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QV Server 11.2 Reload Engine is down

Hi!

I've got a problem with a new server installation, version 11.2. When I try to schedule a reload task I get a message at the top saying "ReloadEngine@Server is down"? I read somewhere here that Qlikview sometimes has problems with long servernamnes and I've tried changing the path to localhost instead without luck.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

42 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

What does the logs should the problem to be? Is the service account a member of the local Administrator group?

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

Yes the service account is a local admin. Which log file should I check?

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Robin,

Did you find a solution to this - I have just hit the same issue here.

Steve

MichaelTerenzi
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Hi guys,

It would be helpful if you provided QDS, QMS, and QVS logging information surrounding the incident. Another useful tip would be to click on the reload engine name in the QMC under the Status>Services section and see if there is any explanation there.

If the problem is stemming from the QMC only and the service is actually functioning prorperly and reloads are still running (e.g. your services are just not communicating), check your browser to make sure you are not running through a proxy and ensure all necessary QlikView ports are open and available.

- Michael

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Michael,

Thanks for picking up this thread.  ReloadEngine@servername is not showing under Status \ Services, all other services (DSC, QMS, QVS, QVWS) are all showing as running fine.

The tasks are not running in the background.  All files are dated prior to the upgrades and all tasks are showing as Status: Waiting and Last Execution: Never.

Not sure where the best place to pick up logging information for this is.  The service is not running under Services.  The error message when attempting to start the service there is:

'Windows could not start the QlikView Distribution Service service on Local Computer.

Error 1067: The process terminated unexpectedly.'

Windows error log for the event simply says: 'The QlikView Distribution Service service terminated unexpectedly.  It has done this 20 time(s).' and gives Event ID 7034.

The Application Log in Windows turns up this text on the Error:

Startup failure. Read the log file and/or event log for determinating the cause of this problem. Note! The service must have sufficient permissions in Publisher Application Data Folder: "C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\DistributionService". Exception=System.InvalidOperationException: Category does not exist.

at System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounterLib.CounterExists(String machine, String category, String counter)

at System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounter.InitializeImpl()

at System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounter..ctor(String categoryName, String counterName, String instanceName, Boolean readOnly)

at System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounter..ctor(String categoryName, String counterName, String instanceName)

at QDSMain.Diagnostics.QDSDiagnostic.get_Instance()

at QDSMain.MainClass.CheckAndInitializeEnviroment(ILogBucket logBucket, ClusterRegistration clusterReg)

at QDSMain.MainClass.Run()

The service account is a domain administrator account and a local administrator account.  I have now granted explicit full rights on the Distribution Service folder also.

I've tried loadctr /r as per http://community.qlik.com/message/204650

and granting rights to Component Services as per http://community.qlik.com/thread/22395

Happy to share full system info and screen shots if you contact me directly.

Thanks in advance

Steve

MichaelTerenzi
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Hi Steve,

You could try the following:

This problem is probably due to lack of COM rights on the account running.

• Open "DCOMCNFG.EXE".

• Expand Console Root => Component Services => Computers => My Computer => DCOM Config

• In the list, locate "QlikViewBatch 7.0 Application". Choose properties.

• Choose "Security" tab, then click "Customize" on the "Launch and Activation Permissions", and then press "Edit"

• Add the account that need launch permissions.

• Check "Local Launch", "Remote Launch", "Local Activation", "Remote Activation"

• Save, and retry

• The same actions must also be done for Access Permissions and Configuration Permissions

- Michael

Not applicable
Author

HI Steve,

Yes I did find the solution to the problem. My mistake, embarrassingly enought, was that I hadn't installed the Distribution Service. I deselected it in the installation process because I was making an installation that was going to run without the QlikVIew Publisher. No I know better.

Hope that helps!

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Michael,

The permissions for Launch and Access permissions were already set, as I granted these at Computer level, following Bill's advice, here: http://community.qlik.com/thread/22395

I have now set the permissions on Configruation permissions also.

Unfortunately the same problem is still present, and the same message appears in the Application log.  The same is true after a reboot.

The message seems to imply that the PerformanceCounter has got corrupted?

Steve

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

It is probably worth noting here that this is on a test server.  Details from licence file here:

LICENSE_LEASE;NO;;

NAMED_CAL_BY_MACHINE_ID;NO;;

NUMBER_OF_DOCUMENTCALS;200;;

NUMBER_OF_USERCALS;75;;

PRODUCTLEVEL;10;;2014-01-01

TEST_EDITION;YES;;

Steve