Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
maxgro
MVP
MVP

QV Server, LoadBalancer.xml unexpected error

Qlikview server (SBE, build numebr 11.0.11414.0). I got this error on Saturday

22/02/2014 09:14:08.1902937ErrorAn unexpected error occurred while trying to read file, C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\DistributionService\LoadBalancer.xml. Exception=System.Exception: Failed to open C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\DistributionService\LoadBalancer.xml with Read access after 27 retries. Exceptions=

The process cannot access the file 'C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\DistributionService\LoadBalancer.xml' because it is being used by another process.

Today the server was unusable, high CPU utilization, some reload failed;

I tried to restart Qlikview processes but some of them didn't stop, so I have to restart the server.

Now it seems ok, normal CPU and memory utilization, reloads occurred successfully

Someone else has encountered this problem or has information about the errors and solutions?

Thanks

4 Replies
maxgro
MVP
MVP
Author

second (last) attempt

maxgro
MVP
MVP
Author

workaround

restart server every week; no more problems

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

If you have a test environment, I'd recommend you to always have it with the latest version (right now QlikView 11.20 SR5 12235) so you can check that the issues you are experiencing are fixed.

Make sure that the antivirus software is excluding all XML files in folders that belong to QlikView, as well as that only one person is accessing the QMC at a time.

Miguel

Not applicable

Hi Massimo,

I'm having the same error.

Did you solve this?
Did you try Miguels advice(if you have an AV on the server).

Best regards

Andreas