cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gdevarashettyhf
Contributor III
Contributor III

QV Upgrade / Downgrade - Keep QMC Settings

We have 3 Server architecture - Publisher(with QMC), QV Server and Web Server. I tried upgrading from QV11 to QV12 or Downgrade from QV12 to QV11 (for rollback). I am looking for a solution where I don't want to reconfigure QMC but to carry over the settings. Can anyone suggest on how to.

I see the following issues:

1. License Information is getting lost. I have backup of QlikTech and Qlikview Folders. What files do I need to restore?

2. The QMS configuration of having 3 Servers connected is also getting lost. I know there are config files in Qlikview folder but want to know specifically what files to copy over.

We have Root Directory, QVSLogs, QDS in a NAS Common share drive.

Anyone's prompt response will be greatly appreciated.

Ganesh

6 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

1. The LEF files (see C:\ProgramData\QlikTech and C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\ManagementService)
  2. The QVPR folder (see C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\ManagementService on the machine running the QMS)

Note that the QVPR will be good for all installations if you don't change the architecture or the hostnames, but instead install a new/old version in situ.

Best,

Peter

gdevarashettyhf
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks Peter for quick reply. have both these folders, but QMC still doesn't recognize the license. Here is my Configuration again:

1. Pub Server - QMS, DSC, QDS, QSS

2. App Server - QVS, DSC, QSS

3. Web Server - QSS

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You'll have to manually re-enter the QlikView Server and QlikView Publisher licenses using the respective Serial Number, Control Number and the contents of the correct LEF file in QMC->System->Licenses.

gdevarashettyhf
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Appreciate the response peter.

1. This is what I am trying to avoid. Cant it take the license automatically considering the files exist?

2. My next question is, what about my QMS settings? does that mean I also have to copy the .config files. Like most of the directories in QMS are pointing to this NAS Network share (e.g. Source / User Documents, QVS Logs, QDS Logs, QVS Settings etc.). They do not point to local c: drive. But after the software install, they are now pointing to Local folders.

gdevarashettyhf
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Correction on #2 - Does that mean I have to also manually change QMS settings?

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

1. Not possible. Server licenses are not recovered like local licenses for QlikView desktop. If you remove QV Server from your system and then install a new version, you'll have to re-enter your license information. Not a big deal, is it?
  2. At least you'll have to tell the services where they can find/have to put the information that you moved from the default location to somewhere else. A new installation only comes with default configuration settings. An upgrade on-the-spot will recover all configuration settings. And the licenses.