Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QV Version 11 Access point Categories

I am currently "looking after" a server with multiple access point categories, when i assign a category to an application access point ignores the category and puts it into "Default". On investigation i see other applications that have incorrect categories. How can i realign this ?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Doh ! found it, the category has to be assigned on the user document tab.

Thanks All

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

You must assign a category on the source documents and then to distribute the user documents.

kouroshkarimi
Creator III
Creator III

You'll need to check the applications through the QEMC and assign the correct categories manually. I'm not aware of any way to do that automatically or with rules in QV11.

Not applicable
Author

I am using QMC to assign the categories to the source document, there are no user versions of the document. The category is being ignored and i cant find why, am thinking there may be some corruption somewhere.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Normally, if you have a publisher but no User Documents, that means you may be reloading source documents but you certainly aren't distributing them to the AccessPoint. Are you sure that the AccessPoint documents aren't some older versions? Is your Document root different from your source folder?

Just wondering.

Peter

Not applicable
Author

Doh ! found it, the category has to be assigned on the user document tab.

Thanks All

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Mark your own reply as Answer to close the discussion. That makes it easier for us to track unanswered questions. Thanks.

Peter