Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QV11. Failure to reload, "The document might require username and password."

Hi,

We recently upgraded from QV 10 to QV 11.

After the upgrade a couple of our scripts started to fail on reload from the Distribution Service. They are reloading just fine from the QV desktop client.

The relevant line, I think, from the distribution service log file reads:

"Error          Document open call failed. The document might require username and password."

It's always the same failure, every time.

I've sorted two out of three documents by copying the script to new files but the third one is really heavy in charts triggers etc and it would be a huge effort to get that working in a new qvw document.

We run on Windows Server 2008, all updates installed,  with 96 GB of memory. CPU load while testing just now is at 0%. Windows and QV is 64 bit.

The word "section" is not part of the script, there is no hidden script. Server is run by a user that has administrative rights.

Things I've tried:

- Adding in different users in the section access part of the user documents -> reload option in QV management console.

- Changing ownership of the document.

- Makig new copies of the files.

- Changing rights on the files.

- Changing rights on the directories (other files in same directory loads ok)

- Making sure that the file is opened and resaved in QV11.

All these files reloaded under QV server 10. No changes have been made since.

Suggestions?

Best regards.

/fr

9 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Did you manage to solve this? (Having the same problem)

dwh1104
Creator II
Creator II

Did you try to increase the number of retries on the task on the trigger tab within the QEMC?  Try changing this from 1 to 3.

Thanks,

Dan

Not applicable
Author

Tried that and it still says that it might require a username or a password.

I copied all the data to a new document but still the same problem.

dwh1104
Creator II
Creator II

Another thing to try is to change the Desktop Heap setting on the server.  After changing this registry setting, many issues involving tasks went away.

Change the registry setting:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\SubSystems\Windows

Change the GDI and User handle max count in the registry to SharedSection=1024,20480,2048

%SystemRoot%\system32\csrss.exe ObjectDirectory=\Windows

SharedSection=1024,20480,2048 Windows=On SubSystemType=Windows

ServerDll=basesrv,1 ServerDll=winsrv:UserServerDllInitialization,3

ServerDll=winsrv:ConServerDllInitialization,2 ProfileControl=Off

MaxRequestThreads=16

Default is 1024,3072,512 in x86 or 1024,20480,768 in x64

Read more on http://blogs.msdn.com/ntdebugging/archive/2007/07/05/desktop-heap-part-2.aspx

Read more about Desktop Heap on:

http://blogs.msdn.com/ntdebugging/archive/2007/01/04/desktop-heap-overview.aspx

Not applicable
Author

Hmm since i did that and rebooted the machine the only thing that i got was a black screen when connecting with rdp and the qlikview server is down.

I guess i'll have to wait until tomorrow and see what happend.

//BR

Patrik

Not applicable
Author

Nope.

Still havent managed to solve it. Exporting all data/layot and importing to a new document did not solve it either.

dwh1104
Creator II
Creator II

Usually takes about 10 minutes for our QlikView servers to reboot.  A couple of minutes after you are able to ping the server, you should be able to log back on.

nivellen11
Contributor III
Contributor III

Having the same prolem on qv10. I solve it this way -> http://community.qlik.com/message/68707#68707

Just adding local admin name to section access.

But after upgreading to qv11 problem return.

Problem solved.

i change local administrator in section acces to domain administrator.

Not applicable
Author

Please verify if the username and password of the local user (services > logon) of the Qlikview services are correct. I was with this problem and it was the solution