Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
schlettig
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

QV9 SR3 Publisher Problem

Hi,

we have a Standard Server/Publisher QV9SR3 Server on Windows 2008 Server running in a AD Domain.

Sometimes, especially when we alter Tasks or add new ones, the server on the qmc (http://localhost:4780/qmc/Default.htm) shows only one or two documents, instead of like 20 defined Tasks..

Same behaviour on QEMC (http://localhost:4780/qemc/default.htm).

Restarting all services / whole server won't help!

In this "mode" the server won't reload all documents, if any.

Other observations:

- Sometimes when i alter a task, the problem disappears.

- Sometimes after not reloading any tasks at night - the problem disappears.

- For over one week the server was running ok, yesterday we added two more tasks and the problem showed up again.

Did someone have a similar problem and a possible solution / clue, whats going on?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
schlettig
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

this seems to be fixed in QV9 SR4.

At least its in the buglist of the service release and i installed it at 3 servers and didn't run into that problem again.

hth,

Christian

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Not applicable

I am having the same problem, if I am lucky it is just a matter of disabling the last task I added refresh and then add again.

2 things I found helped a little was

1. Adding task through QMC and not QEMC

2. Use Firefox not IE to add tasks. (pretty sure I read this on another post somewhere)

Would be glad of the help is anyone knows of a solution to this as is annoying to say the least.

Not applicable

I have seen the same strange problem, also running standard Publisher.

I think it could be related to having identical application names residing in in different mounts. We had three mounted catalogs containing the same app. Strange solution perhaps but we had to because of security issues.

When I renamed them so that they where different it worked a lot better.

schlettig
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

we've tried that and run into another (well known) problem, that is:

we can't delete document reload tasks, after we removed the folders.

Has anyone a solution for that?

Not applicable

I thought about this forum post

http://community.qlik.com/forums/p/26401/101216.aspx#101216

But since you removed the folder this will not work.

The easiest solution for this is to create the folders temporarily, use the solution above and then remove the folders again.

agsearle
Creator
Creator

We too are having exactly the same problem. There doesn't seem to be any reason why the task list disappears, but it always leaves one, which then is the only one to run. Then as if by magic when altering other tasks, some come back, and if your lucky all of them.

We were using the standard publisher on QV9 SR3, and were told SR4 would corrrect the problem...it doesn't!!!

At a loss really how a main function of QV continues not to work properly for so many of us, even though we are on the 4th service release on a product that has been out since last summer! We had no problems with QV8.5, makes us wonder why we upgraded?

We are spending so much time trying to get this to work, instead of concentrating on provided reports.

schlettig
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

this seems to be fixed in QV9 SR4.

At least its in the buglist of the service release and i installed it at 3 servers and didn't run into that problem again.

hth,

Christian