Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
markmccoid
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

QV9 Server Reload Memory Leak?

I've been testing QV9 Server on a 64 bit machine and have not had any issues until I started to implement our reload scheme in this new version.

We have a number of QVW files that create QVD files that subsequent QVWs are dependant upon. When I set up this "chain" of files to load I'm seeing the QlikView Distribution service keep using memory until our server bogs down so much I need to kill the service.

The database is small that I'm working with and loading the files via a batch file load works fine.

Here is what the reload looks like in the QEMC

I also can't see all the files I have in this load. I'm wondering if there is a limit to the amount of nesting that can take place.

Curious if anyone else has seen this type of memory issue in QV 9 during reloads.

Thanks for any info.

Mark

3 Replies
skoppe
Contributor II
Contributor II

I have exactly the same problem, did not find a solution yet unfortunately.

lhr
Employee
Employee

as for the nesting, it is an issue related to internet explorer. it should work fine in firefox.

as for the memory issue, see this thread: http://community.qlik.com/forums/t/22108.aspx

basically the QDS was munching resources which has been fixed in version 9 SR 2.

cheers,

lars

skoppe
Contributor II
Contributor II

thanks a lot!