Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QVS 10 - trip abroad with 2 machines, and remotely access QVP? ____________________________ QVS 10 - salida al exterior con 2 webserver, como acceder a qvp en remoto?

Hi, I have the following installed:
      - Machine A Complete Installation QV Server on a machine with W2008 Server 64.
      - Machine B, Webserver installation on another machine with W2008 Server 64.
I got that domain users access to both the AccessPoint as through QVP 😕 / machine B to find the documents on which you have permissions on the maquis A.
Later I gave her trip abroad to AccessPoint machine B, can consult the document from any site (domain users).
My question is this:
So you can also remotely access through QVP 😕 / which port I connect to the machine B (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:???) To also be accessible from outside?

Thank you all.

Buenas, tengo instalado lo siguiente:

- Máquina A, Instalación completa QV Server en una máquina con W2008 Server 64.

- Máquina B, Instalación de Webserver en otra máquina con W2008 Server 64.

He conseguido que accedan los usuarios de dominio tanto al Accesspoint como a través de QVP:// de la máquina B para consultar los documentos sobre los que tiene permisos en la máquina A.

Posteriormente le he dado salida al exterior al AccessPoint de la máquina B, pudiendo consultar el documento desde cualquier sitio (usuarios de dominio).

Mi pregunta es la siguiente:

¿Para poder acceder en remoto también a través de QVP://, que puerto he de relacionar en la máquina B (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:????) para que se pueda acceder también desde fuera?

Gracias a todos.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Shema_out_resolved_qv.JPG

It is to create a public DNS to point to the ip of machine_B through port 80 (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx: 80).

Clarify that users may access to documents must be domain users or local users machine_A.

Se ha de crear un dns público que apunte a la ip de machine_B a través del puerto 80 (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:80).

Aclarar que los usuarios que podrán acceso a los documentos tendrán que ser  usuarios de dominio o usuarios locales de machine_A.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

I'm not really sure what you are asking, but I think you mean QVP and not QVD.. QVP runs on port 4747 so that would nee to be open in the fire wall.

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

(Bill, thanks for the correction).
Machine A has a full installation of server qv.
Machine B has only installed the web server.
I try to access from any computer through QVP 😕 / ip_server_B, http and leaves me open to documents to which I have permissions.
I need to know which port is actually used to access the http protocol to create an external URL and thus give some users access from their homes to the desktop.

(Bill, gracias por la corrección).

La máquina A tiene una instalación completa de qv server.

La máquina B tiene solo instalado el web server.

Desde cualquier equipo intento acceder a través de QVP://ip_server_B;http y me deja abrir los documentos de A a los que tengo permisos.

Necesito saber que puerto utiliza realmente al acceder con el protocolo http para poder crear una url externa y así dar acceso a algunos usuarios desde sus domicilios con el desktop.

Not applicable
Author

This is the shema:

Shema_out.JPG

Not applicable
Author

Shema_out_resolved_qv.JPG

It is to create a public DNS to point to the ip of machine_B through port 80 (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx: 80).

Clarify that users may access to documents must be domain users or local users machine_A.

Se ha de crear un dns público que apunte a la ip de machine_B a través del puerto 80 (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:80).

Aclarar que los usuarios que podrán acceso a los documentos tendrán que ser  usuarios de dominio o usuarios locales de machine_A.