Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QVS 9 SR2 "Invalid Request: Exception"

Hello

Same errors and results occur after: "Upgrade QVS 9 SR1 -> SR2" and various "clean installs of either SR1 or SR2".

Note different number of running services appear in QV Management Console versus QV Enterprise Management Console

Problems in accessing almost every Management Console options such as changing "Root Folder" for QV app location

error loading image

After any attempt at QV Server install upon Windows 2003 Server restart I see Signature Error

error loading image

-----

Management Service Log shows:

1/1/2010 06:18:11.5712543 Error Failed to send response: An operation was attempted on a nonexistent network connection

1/1/2010 06:18:11.5712543 Information Response aborted

1/1/2010 10:38:57.0314943 Error Failed to send response: An operation was attempted on a nonexistent network connection

1/1/2010 10:38:57.0314943 Information Response aborted

-----

QV Server Log shows:

2010-01-01 05:42:21 2010-01-01 06:10:28 1 120 Error Server aborted trying to recover by restart. Reason for restart: Internal inconsistency, type D, detected.

-----
QV Web Server Log shows a few:
1/1/2010 06:16:58.0660799 Warning Connection lost. Reconnect to server: 227597-WEB1
TIA
Stoney

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

The root cause of this error was corruption in the NT user account that the QV app were logging in under when the services were launched.

Replacing the login to another admin account, followed by a Windows Server restart fixed the problem.

One interesting note. QV Server would launch as a service but any attempt to perform functions in the QV Management Console, such as picking a Root Folder for your QV apps, timed out. QV Server would be running but it would disconnect.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

The root cause of this error was corruption in the NT user account that the QV app were logging in under when the services were launched.

Replacing the login to another admin account, followed by a Windows Server restart fixed the problem.

One interesting note. QV Server would launch as a service but any attempt to perform functions in the QV Management Console, such as picking a Root Folder for your QV apps, timed out. QV Server would be running but it would disconnect.

Not applicable
Author

Hi, I have recently the similiar problem after upgrading from QVS 9.0 SR2 to SR3:
- Qlikview server worked fine: users were able to open documents through access point
- QV Services where up and running
- Through QEMC and QMC I couldn't change any Qlikview Server related settings. However, I could change the others like Webserver settings, Licences settings, Qlikview Distribution Service settings

The only error message I could find in the logs was:
Error Failed to send response: An operation was attempted on a nonexistent network connection

The solution was as simple as changing the user that runs Qlikview services and reboot the server...

Cheers

lblancher
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

HI,

I also ran into this problem during a SR2 -> SR3 upgrade. I wanted to included the exact wording of the error in the QEMC so that others might be able to find this thread more easily. When trying to access any QVS related settings in QEMC, I received "The operation has timed out." After changing the logon accounts for the Qlikview services, and restarting, the problem was resolved.

Lucas Blancher

BizXcel Inc.

Not applicable
Author

Just a big thank you to Stoney - had the same problem and your fix worked 🙂

Not applicable
Author

Had the same problem, the fix worked perfectly!