Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QVS Service not loading automatically

Hello All.

Each time the server is rebooted for maintenance or for any reason for that matter, all services, including the other Qlik related services automatically reload, except for the QVS service. It is set up to automatically start. I can manually start it, but I cannot determine why it does not automatically start. We had recently moved the license from another server to this server, but the old server is no longer available. Could there be a conflict somewhere in the configuration files, etc.?

Thank you in advance.

Tom

5 Replies
marcus_sommer

Your server-services user is a member of the active directory group qlikview administrators? Have you looked within the windows event-log if there is any warning- or error-message?

- Marcus

Not applicable
Author

Hello Marcus. Thank you for the note.

Yes, the user account has the proper authorization. The other Qlik services are reloading without a problem.

Where can I look for the windows event log? The Window Server administrators did not notify me of any issues, but I am not sure that they would either see or look for these.

-Tom

marcus_sommer

If you have the proper rights you could go there per: Ctrl+R and there you enter: eventvwr.msc

- Marcus

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

If the service doesn't start, that means there is another problem than simple license conflicts. Check the latest QVS Events log for any error messages (C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\QlikViewServer\Events*.log)

If there are license conflicts (for example, a license has been used twice) the QVS service will still start and enter the "Off duty" state.

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hit Tom,

Have you tried setting the start up type for this service to Automatic - Delayed? Sometimes QVS can take longer to start than the other services.

Hope this helps

-Chip

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!