Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
timsaddler
Creator III
Creator III

QVS.exe error message on converting to TShared

Hi all

I am trying to convert a Shared file to a TSHARED file and am getting a QVS.exe error.

I am using this script

• Convert .Shared to .TShared
QVS.exe -x "C:\Temp\1.QVW.Shared" -p -f tx

​And you will get a 1.QVW.TShared_clean file on the same folder as a result. Symply rename the resulting .TShared_clean to .TShared.

Please could someone tell me how to resolve this issue?

Thanks in advance

Shared2.jpg

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
timsaddler
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Not sure whether i can answer my own Question but the error message was caused because i was using Windows Server 2012 R2 and this was too old to be compatible with "QVS.exe"

Running the scripts on Windows 10 Laptop worked successfully

View solution in original post

2 Replies
timsaddler
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Not sure whether i can answer my own Question but the error message was caused because i was using Windows Server 2012 R2 and this was too old to be compatible with "QVS.exe"

Running the scripts on Windows 10 Laptop worked successfully

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Tim, Server 2012 R2 should not be an issue, I suspect the real root cause was more likely related to a Group Security Policy running on the server or the service account etc. would be my best hunch on this one.  You do NOT want to use the 'production' QVS.exe either, you should always grab a copy of it and place it in a different folder and run the script from there too, that could be the other thing you were trying to do that was not working.  Here is the official Help link on things for other viewers that stop by:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2019/Subsystems/Server/Content/QV_Server/QlikView-Server/Q...

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.