Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QVSTunnel.dll issue ( Error - QVSTunnel.dll%3Fhost%3Dlocalhost could not be opened)

Thought I would post our solution to save others troubleshooting time.

Affected:

QlikView version 11.00.11149

ClientAJAX; Mobile; iOS Client; IE-plugin; Desktop

Scenario:

All users with all clients were receiving tunneling errors.  But...it was erroring 99% of the time.  Randomly, you would get a document to open.  It would be random which document would open.  Very sporadic.

With the help of QlikTech Support we narrowed it down to an issue with DNS resolution.  Two ip addresses were being published for the server and QlikView couldn't figure out which one to use.

It turns out something caused the backup ethernet adapter to start publishing its ip address.  When a client would get lucky and catch the primary address being published it would resolve the address and the document would open.  When it got the backup address the error would be returned.

Fixing the DNS entry resolved the issue.

Good luck.

Access Point error message:

qvp://<servername>/<mountlocation>/<documentname.qvw>?iis_authenticate=.....&tunneler=http%.../<servername>/scripts/QVSTunnel.dll%3Fhost%3D<servername? could not be opened

Desktop client error message:

Failed to reach server: <servername>:-1

Switching to HTTP tunneling

Connected to serverOK, Security settings denies access

10 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

To start you need to move of the IR release of version 11 and see if that helps with your problem.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Bill.  This wasn't posted as a question.  Our problem was resolved with fixing our DNS entries.  I simply posted this to help others should they run into the same problem.

Not applicable
Author

Hi All,

I am also getting the while accessing the application on access point on IE IE Plug-in.

Error: QVSTunnel.dll issue ( Error - QVSTunnel.dll%3Fhost%3Dlocalhost could not be opened)

Environment Details:

Qlikview Web Server only

Qlikview Server  Version: 11.0.11282.0

IE Version: 8

any body have any idea regarding the issue. Please help me.

Regards,

Vishesh

Not applicable
Author

Hi Sue Kirkendall,

Can you help me how you fixed your DNS entries? can you please provide me details on this.

Regards,

Vishesh Kumar

Karthik3
Creator III
Creator III

Your answer is not complete without saying 'How to fix the DNS entry'.

Not applicable
Author

How did you figure out that there were two IP address being publilshed for the server?

How did you fix the problem? What you have done when you say "Fixing the DNS entry resolved the issue." ?

I am getting same error and answer the above question would resolve my issue.

Thanks Again

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

Simple, if you are using a FQN then you more than likely have two. The internal address and the external address.

The external address needs to go into the linkmachinename setting and port 4747 point to the box running QVS.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

Hi All,

I had the same error message with the qvsTunnel.dll file.

I did a deep research following the info from the NET and found no trace of problem in the DNN or DHCP.

Funny enough, the problem disappeared after a server restart.

Nir

Karthik3
Creator III
Creator III

Checking 'Always Tunnel' located at Qlikview webserver->Access point->Server Connections solved my tunneling issue