Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CVR
Creator
Creator

QVW distribution getting failed and file getting locked out on server(access point) in QMC

Hello Qlik Geeks,

Our company is having a strange issue with QMC. We have 4 QVWs in QMC and among them two works fine with no issues but the other two are getting failed while distributing to the server and even after distribution files are getting locked out and unable to open,delete or replace on the access point. We have to restart the server every time to delete those files. We are following 3-tier architecture and have 4 tasks in QMC for each file. The two files which are getting failed  are of size 1 GB each and have section access, document triggers.

Can anyone help us to resolve this issue?

Thanks in Advance,

CHVR

Labels (5)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

I would create a new folder parallel to your root-folder and mount this folder within the qmc. Then I would there create new applications and copy & paste the script and a few essential objects and load the application manually with the desktop client (no qmc tasks at this time) without any section access. After it no failed access should happens.

Should there further connection lost errors you should really check the datamodel (no synthetic tables, no circular references and no calculations over island tables + removing/reducing of nested if-loops and aggr-functions) - for it it might be useful to reduce the number of records within the debugger, maybe to 100 k.

- Marcus

View solution in original post

7 Replies
marcus_sommer

Maybe the used section access failed. For testing it I would just disable the section access.

- Marcus

Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

@marcus_sommer  is spot on there. With the .qvw not being accessible on the AccessPoint afterwards, Section Access would be my first suspect as well. 

Taking a quick look at the Tasklog for the two affected documents might help you figure out what's causing you grief as well. This article (kb 000003712)as a bunch of information on where to find them, in case you're not familiar with the log structure yet.

Don't forget to Like posts and use the "Accept as Solution" button on content that answered your question! Thanks 🙂
CVR
Creator
Creator
Author

It is working fine when I disable section access but I am getting "connection lost to server" error message when i try to navigate to one sheet to another on access point. I used section access because of the same error earlier as i thought it would be because of huge data.  So, Should I change my section access script to work on the server if so , May I know what is the best practice to use section access for a QVW on the server?

marcus_sommer

It's just a side-effect that the data-reduction from a section access could lead to a better performance for certain users. But it's a security measure and shouldn't be alienated to cure any weaknesses within the datamodel and/or the UI expressions.

Your error-message of "connection lost" indicates that there is something not suitable respectively wrong with the application and/or the set settings (various timeouts) - whereby before playing with the settings which defaults are usually a good compromise for the most applications you should ensure that the application itself is build properly.

- Marcus

Josh_Berg_Support

If your QVWs are 1GB in size, they probably have very large datasets within them, the timeout values may need to be adjusted in order to handle these QVWs.  Do you see the "connection lost" error with other large QVWs as well?  Can you elaborate on what you mean by a file lock on the distribution files after a reload?  Does the distribution complete successfully?  What files are you seeing locked?

Thanks,
Josh

Qlik Support

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
CVR
Creator
Creator
Author

Do you see the "connection lost" error with other large QVWs as well?

Ans: We have two large QVW's getting connection for those two.

Can you elaborate on what you mean by a file lock on the distribution files after a reload?

Ans: When I talk to my admin person he says files got locked on the access point and unable to open,edit or delete.

Does the distribution complete successfully?

Ans: Yes, Most of the times but not every time

What files are you seeing locked?

Ans: Large QVW's 

marcus_sommer

I would create a new folder parallel to your root-folder and mount this folder within the qmc. Then I would there create new applications and copy & paste the script and a few essential objects and load the application manually with the desktop client (no qmc tasks at this time) without any section access. After it no failed access should happens.

Should there further connection lost errors you should really check the datamodel (no synthetic tables, no circular references and no calculations over island tables + removing/reducing of nested if-loops and aggr-functions) - for it it might be useful to reduce the number of records within the debugger, maybe to 100 k.

- Marcus