cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

QVW slow on access point even after preload option is checked

Hi Everyone,

I have an application(QV 12) on virtual shared drive A  whose size is 700 MB and after reloading this application is distributed to a virtual server B. This particular application has 21 extension objects added to it.

Config of Virtual Server B:

RAM: 61 GB

CPU: 75 GB, 8 Core

Initially when I used to open this application on access point it used to run smoothly, but from last 1 week its taking a lot of time run though there was no change made to the application. The application opens smoothly (i think because of preload option checked in QMC) but when trying to shift from one tab to another it hangs there itself and after a refresh of the url it starts working, but again hangs when again trying to move from that tab to another.

Also there were 72 Bookmarks made on this application by many users, I have reduced it to 60 now. The problem still prevails.

Now I think I need to increase the CPU Core as the same application is running smoothly when run on 24 Core CPU.

Does anyone has any other solution for this as I want increase of CPU core to be the last option.

Plz help..!!

Thanking you all in anticipation

Regards

Karunpreet

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

your application size is 700 MB, which is very huge.

Have you done the performance tuning of your application?

Regards,

Anjali Gupta

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hey Anjali,

Thanks for your quick response. I have not yet done the performance tuning as this application used to run smoothly on a server with 24 core CPU and 74 GB RAM. Also, initially it was running smooth on this server as well.

Bdw how can i do the performance tuning ?

Not applicable
Author

Hi Karunpreet,

Find the below link:

Advanced performance tuning techniques into QV.

Also, you can download document analyzer and check for unwanted fields.

Regards,

Anjali Gupta

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hey thanks for the link. I have done the tuning as asked by you. There were 6-7 fields which had to be removed and I have removed them. There was minor change in the size of the application and the access point problem prevails.