Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
oharab2000
Contributor II
Contributor II

QlikView Custom AccessPoint

Hi,

I have a plan to build a very customised access point, that integrates the QlikView apps with the static output from NPrinting. (trying to save licences by directing people to the static files first!).

What I'd like to have is a list of apps that the user has permissions to, but I'd rather not have to manually do that, so I was hoping there would be a web service call that would list all the QVWs that the logged in user has permissions for. In the QMS API there are some promising methods: GetUserDocuments or GetQVSDocumentsAndUsers for instance, but until I've had a play, I'm not sure they do what I'm after.

Has anyone done anything like this?

Cheers

Ben

2 Replies
marcus_sommer

I think it's a quite challenging task. And reading the user permissions to the applications is only one part and probably the lesser one then assumingly you will have a lot of section access restrictions within the applications, too.

But you will need to have nearly all this kind of information before - to control the NPrinting output which needs to be stored in certain folders or mailed to certain user/usergroups and which includes the permissions to them.

- Marcus

oharab2000
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

In my simple little mind, there would be a nice easy web service call that the access point already uses to list the documents a logged in user has access to. I could then use that list to build my front end.

I'm guessing it's not that easy .

Ben