Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QlikView Server Caching Memory

I wonder if I can disable the feature of cache memory on QlikView server, since the memory is not deallocated after some time without use of the server, for example. Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dde
Employee
Employee

QlikView Server is supposed to work like that though.  It's meant to be the only product running on the server and it's meant to consume RAM in order to make the performance better for end users.  If you purge the cache prematurely then the server will need to recalculate and recache making performance slower.

There are settings on the System tab of the QMC to drop things like idle sessions and documents but I'd advise thinking twice before lowering them.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
dde
Employee
Employee

QlikView Server is supposed to work like that though.  It's meant to be the only product running on the server and it's meant to consume RAM in order to make the performance better for end users.  If you purge the cache prematurely then the server will need to recalculate and recache making performance slower.

There are settings on the System tab of the QMC to drop things like idle sessions and documents but I'd advise thinking twice before lowering them.