Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cjzimm76
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

QlikView Server Migration with no down time

Can a QlikView server (V10) be migrated to another server without any down time?  I've read the Upgrade and Migration document (http://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-2647)  and the steps call for shutting down Server 1 while copying the config files and user documents from Server 1 to Server 2.  I know it seems like the down time is pretty minimal but the client would also like to test the user documents on Server 2 before releasing them to the user community.  So my question is, can this be down with no down time?  This is just a straight single server environment, with no clustering.  And with one server license.  Thanks for any help.

3 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Get with your account manager and see if he can arrange to get you a Temporary  license for the testing and switch over.

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
cjzimm76
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thanks Bill.  We are thinking of doing that but we wanted to make sure there wasn't another way before we asked.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

That is the only way. QVS when it starts up sends a network broadcast to see if any other server is using its license number. If so it will not start.

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.