Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kashyapdhar
Contributor III
Contributor III

QlikView Server service - Port listen issue

Hi,

We have a scheduled services restart batch job on the application server within our environments and this works absolutely fine. The batch job was triggered in similar way as it does everyday and the QlikView server log and also event viewer clearly logged the service restart positively. However the next moment there is an warning logged on the server (event viewer) with below information and is being continuously logged.

Port Listen: IPv4 bind failure on Port 4747, retrying...

Complete warning logged

The description for Event ID 500 from source QlikViewServer cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

Port Listen: IPv4 bind failure on Port 4747, retrying...

There were two instances of QVS.exe observed running on the production server (which is unusual) and I tried below on server

1. Tried stopping the service using services.msc

--> Service wouldn't stop and it was timing out

2. Since the service couldn't be stopped i tried killing the task using task manager

--> Task manager couldn't kill the task

3. Got the infra team involved and finally requested to restart the server

--> All services were up and server health was good

However still trying to investigate why this issue occurred randomly and how can this be avoided in future. Is this something to do with the QlikView application or purely an infra issue on the application server

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kashyapdhar
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Server reboot is required as a final solution from what i have spoken to the helpdesk team and also to the infrastructure team in such cases

View solution in original post

4 Replies
kashyapdhar
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Kindly note, restart of the application server resolved the issue. However i am trying to find out why this error cropped up? Any help in right direction will be useful

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

You need to make sure there is a pause between the stopping of service and restarting them. On the Bat I have setup I do a 20 second pause.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
kashyapdhar
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Bill,

This could be done, but what about the situation where the QVS server service restart happens due to unusual load on the server and it automatically triggers a restart of service?

Had to again restart the application server to get this sorted. There were two instances of QVS.exe running as per the task manager.

Capture.PNG

QlikView article: Screenshot above

Microsoft KB fix: https://support.microsoft.com/es-es/help/2465772/an-application-or-service-that-uses-winsock-api-or-...

kashyapdhar
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Server reboot is required as a final solution from what i have spoken to the helpdesk team and also to the infrastructure team in such cases