Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

QlikView_System_Monitor - how to set up DistributionService?

Hi,

a very basic and straightforward question:

- I have installed the QlikView_System_Monitor

- I have access (RO, but that should suffice, no?) to the Logs from the DistributionService

<=> How do I set up that path in the System_Monitor? There seems to be no button for it, or more probably I have missed it.

(I know there's a long sequence of comments and questions and answers attached to the document, but that's - well, quite long and not too well structured.)

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

12 Replies
Not applicable

On the Introduction Sheet is a Button for the Setup where you can fill all Path to the Logs you like to load. Beside this you can also direct input the Path to the variables defined in the application for example QDSNode1 for your Publisher.

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi Daniel,

thanks for the quick answer!

I have found that button and I have already set up the path to my QlikViewServer log_files - but I haven't found anything for the DistributionService there - well, there is that QDS box, is that it?
=> What goes in there? The "...Directory" is clear, that's the path to the log_files, but what about that "QDS Instance1" - what do I type in there?

Once I have that, I'm going to delete everything I don't have - or rather copy everything I do have to a new app - and I can go from there.

Best regards,

DataNibbler

Not applicable

The QDS means QlikView Distribution Service. Just put in the Path to your Logs (for example "C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\DistributionService\1")

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Oh - you mean, I put in the log_path where it says "QDS Instance1"? Do I leave that "QDS1DistributionServiceDirectory" empty then?

(see the attached screenshot for what exactly I mean; I currently have the path to my log_files in that latter row. Do I have to switch those?)

Is there some Howto or manual available for this?

Thanks! Having those logs set up will be a big step forward I guess.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

Yes, the second is left blank unless you have more than one Distribution services.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi all,

I tried, but still there is a lot that I don't see. I guess there is just too much that I don't have access to - plus I don't have any kind of training, so I don't really know my way around even what little I have.

I guess I'll have to make a new app for myself, by copying from the System_monitor those objects and script_parts that I can use, based on what I have.

Given that there seems to be no real manual around to use this, may I come back here for some help? I'll start now with what I know and just copy into a new app the script_tabs I need - all those that I cannot identify by the name as irrelevant - and copy the objects where I do see something and go from there.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

P.S.: Strangely, the DistributionService_logs are there just up to July 22 - is that normal?

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi,

I have checked with IT and the DistributionService logs after July 22 are there - but they are written to the C drive, as per default, and not in the Share where I would be able to see them.

I remember we had a telco with a consultant on the last day that I see logs for and we wanted to set QV up to write the logs to that path - but it seems we missed something.

Can anybody tell me where to adjust this setting? Can I do that via QMC?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

Not applicable

Yes, you can do this in the QMC -> System -> SetUp -> QV Servers -> Logging

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi Daniel,

well, that is set to "E\QlikView_Logs\QlikViewServer". Isn't this just for the QlikViewServer?

In that path, I see three txt files only - all from today.